C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kook 1 3/4 header questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:00 PM
TheDEfan
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumper11
I got a 2002 LS1 six speed and am seriously considering installing headers. I don't know about 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 mean other than diameter. What tune do I need? Does the headers come with the EGR line coupling. (2 bolt air valve). I have an X pipe ready to install and wanted to do it all at the same time.
1 3/4 is fine on a stock or mild mods. If are planning on going FI then go with 2" or 1 7/8. Most Headers will have provisions for air tubes.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:27 AM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDEfan
It was easier than I thought is was going to be on my 98. The biggest PITA was swapping out the RH air tube that runs behind the intake. That's not going to an issue on my 01.
I thought about getting rid of the a.i.r. all together and just blocking the air fitting on the tube. Kooks recommends not doing that as as it will break off. Really I don't think I would notice any HP difference by removing it anyway.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM
TheDEfan
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by King Lear
I thought about getting rid of the a.i.r. all together and just blocking the air fitting on the tube. Kooks recommends not doing that as as it will break off. Really I don't think I would notice any HP difference by removing it anyway.
No you won't. It's an electric air pump.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:02 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDEfan
No you won't. It's an electric air pump.
that is my point, other then creating engine space there is no point to removing it. I think really you would be hurting the resale if you got rid of it all.

Quick Reply: Kook 1 3/4 header questions?