C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Various cutch kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 04:57 PM
sargeter
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Various cutch kits

I'm getting ready to buy a clutch kit and there are a lot of options out there. I've been reading some of the threads. It seems like the "Monster Stage II" highly recommended. I haven't seen much on other brands.
Any opinions on ACT, LUK, PPC, Hayes, or Exedy or any of the other clutch kits out there that are cheaper?
I have a C-5 convertible that's my daily driver and I've had it at the local drag strip a couple of times. It's pretty much stock except for Corsa exhaust and K & N air filter.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:24 PM
fastback03
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it depends on your plans. If your plan on only staying with bolt-ons. Then a ls6 clutch will hold up great if budget is a concern. I had a ls6 clutch with a bolt-on 03 ls1 and I had no complaints.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:20 PM
sargeter
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Slicks

Originally Posted by sargeter
I'm getting ready to buy a clutch kit and there are a lot of options out there. I've been reading some of the threads. It seems like the "Monster Stage II" highly recommended. I haven't seen much on other brands.
Any opinions on ACT, LUK, PPC, Hayes, or Exedy or any of the other clutch kits out there that are cheaper?
I have a C-5 convertible that's my daily driver and I've had it at the local drag strip a couple of times. It's pretty much stock except for Corsa exhaust and K & N air filter.
I'm contemplating getting slicks or cheater slicks for the strip. I don't plan on other changes right now.
Ya' never know. It was the first time I've raced at a drag strip since '68 and back then it was an automatic Roadrunner. This is a whole new ball game to me. I'm lovin' it but, it will take me a lot of practice passes to get it down - My last race, I missed third gear.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:15 PM
fastback03
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the monster stage 2 with my cammed 03 coupe with drag radials. I I like the smooth engagement with daily driving. I also liked the monster kit because it came with everything and was a complete kit.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:30 AM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I drive my C5 in a similar manner to the OP and purchased the Centerforce DYAD DS from LG based on their recommendation. I've been satisfied with it so far (since the start of summer)

Get notified of new replies

To Various cutch kits

Quick Reply: Various cutch kits