C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM extended warrenty or Geico mechanical breakdown insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 04:03 PM
MilenymC5
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM extended warrenty or Geico mechanical breakdown insurance

GM warrenty ends Sept.02, I have the mechanical breakdown insurance with Geico with $250. deductable, I figure any mechanical fix will cost at least a $1000. Anyone have any thoughts on whats the best way, and does the GM extended warrenty cover bumper to bumper without a deductable. by the way the geico insurance is very cheap about $50. every six months.

2000 Mag. Red. 6sp :flag
Old 08-01-2002, 06:37 PM
JCR
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: GM extended warrenty or Geico mechanical breakdown insurance (MilenymC5)

GEICO is probably better coverage , but here is the catch. GEICO is pay as you go and when you leave GEICO so does your coverage. I payed into GEICO for 3 yrs then got a huge increase (statewide) in my premium (no accidents) so I shopped around and found The Hartford Ins Co offerring the same coverage for about 1/3 less. A considerable savings on 3 cars I might add. So when I changed I lost all the money I paid into GEICO without any recovery at all since the car was under GM factory warranty under the same period.The extra I paid was for naught. Be careful this doesn't happen to you.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:39 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: GM extended warrenty or Geico mechanical breakdown insurance (JCR)

GM warranty is goooooooooooodddddddddddd? They don't bitch much. Get the zero deductable. I had my CD changer fixed twice which would have been 700. I had other MAJOR things fixed. You do not need to go back to a GM dealer get my drift ;)
Old 08-02-2002, 12:43 PM
leonm47
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: GM extended warrenty or Geico mechanical breakdown insurance (MilenymC5)

I have about as much faith in GM as I would in Sadaam I went with 1 Source and they have been great. Check them out at http://www.1sourceautowarranty.com also they are a forum sponsor and you don't have to take your ride to the dealer.

Get notified of new replies

To GM extended warrenty or Geico mechanical breakdown insurance

Quick Reply: GM extended warrenty or Geico mechanical breakdown insurance