C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amsoil ATD change

Old 10-29-2014, 07:48 AM
dhfva63
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amsoil ATD change

Noobie here. I recently acquired a gently driven '98 convertible with 6spd and 41K miles. I found the shifting balky and somewhat obstinate on occasion. Yesterday I drained the old fluid (and discouragingly did not get out 3.5ish quarts...) and replaced it with a touch under 3.5 quarts of Amsoil ATD (thanks Brad at C66 Racing!). WOW, what a difference! Smooth shifts, and no resistance anywhere. I suspect it will even get better over time. Changing stock fluid seems to me a no brainer upgrade to any 6spd.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:38 PM
LiteraCola
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did the same shortly after purchasing my C5Z. Excellent stuff! I also did the rear differential fluid with Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:55 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dhfva63
Noobie here. I recently acquired a gently driven '98 convertible with 6spd and 41K miles. I found the shifting balky and somewhat obstinate on occasion. Yesterday I drained the old fluid (and discouragingly did not get out 3.5ish quarts...) and replaced it with a touch under 3.5 quarts of Amsoil ATD (thanks Brad at C66 Racing!). WOW, what a difference! Smooth shifts, and no resistance anywhere. I suspect it will even get better over time. Changing stock fluid seems to me a no brainer upgrade to any 6spd.
You are welcome and thanks for the post.

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Get notified of new replies

To Amsoil ATD change

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amsoil ATD change