C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t56 - torque tube seperation

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 10:20 PM
helium2day
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56 - torque tube seperation

Hey guys,

I am new here sorto. I have lurked, read posts, and looked for advice but never posted anything till now.

I am trying to rebuild my torque tube and got everything out but I can't seem to seperate the t-56 from the tube.

It has split about 1 inch or so but when I pry further it doesn't want to budge. Before I break something I need advice.

I have searched everywhere on google and found no advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:11 AM
tycksena
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by helium2day
Hey guys,

I am new here sorto. I have lurked, read posts, and looked for advice but never posted anything till now.

I am trying to rebuild my torque tube and got everything out but I can't seem to seperate the t-56 from the tube.

It has split about 1 inch or so but when I pry further it doesn't want to budge. Before I break something I need advice.

Thanks in advance.
as long as you have all the bolts out it should just pop right out. There is a bundle of wires that sits on top of the torque tube... maybe they are preventing it from moving? Have you started removing it from the bell housing? When I did my clutch and TT rebuild I removed the cradle/transmission/diff/TT as an assembly then removed the TT from the transmission. Seemed to be the easiest way.

Dope had some good write-ups that really helped me when doing all that.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...all-guide.html

Last edited by tycksena; 10-31-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by helium2day
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.
Make sure you have the shifter shaft (just behind shifter base) undone before taking the transmission out.

Get notified of new replies

To t56 - torque tube seperation

Quick Reply: t56 - torque tube seperation