C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power to my driver door module

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 01:21 PM
hak
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No power to my driver door module

I replaced the driver door module and now have no power to the module. There is no function for the lock/unlock, window or mirror. The speakers are working. I have checked fuse 33 and 34 both are good. What other things may cause no power to the door module?

Thanks for your help
Old 10-31-2014, 01:44 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Check the four wire, black connector inside the accordion tube between the door and the body for any loose or messed up connections. This is the most common source of the problem. You could try "jiggling" the accordion a bit and see if that gets everything working again. If it does you have a bad connection in that black connector.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:26 PM
hak
Instructor

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Check the four wire, black connector inside the accordion tube between the door and the body for any loose or messed up connections. This is the most common source of the problem. You could try "jiggling" the accordion a bit and see if that gets everything working again. If it does you have a bad connection in that black connector.
Thanks for your suggestion. I jiggled the connector and unplugged and replugged it but still no power.
Is there a way I can probe one of the door module connectors to determine if I have power to the module and not a defective module?
Old 10-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by hak
Thanks for your suggestion. I jiggled the connector and unplugged and replugged it but still no power.
Is there a way I can probe one of the door module connectors to determine if I have power to the module and not a defective module?
Did you visually inspect the male and female connections to see if any were twisted or otherwise not making a solid contact? That is the most common source of the problem.

Someone else will have to walk you through testing for power. I've done it to mine, but I had Bill Curlee's help while I was doing it.

Something else you can check is the four wire star bus connection next to the BCM. I recently had a similar problem as yours and it turned out to be poor connectivity in my star bus. A little sandpaper fixed the problem and I haven't had any issues since.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:10 AM
hak
Instructor

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Did you visually inspect the male and female connections to see if any were twisted or otherwise not making a solid contact? That is the most common source of the problem.

Someone else will have to walk you through testing for power. I've done it to mine, but I had Bill Curlee's help while I was doing it.

Something else you can check is the four wire star bus connection next to the BCM. I recently had a similar problem as yours and it turned out to be poor connectivity in my star bus. A little sandpaper fixed the problem and I haven't had any issues since.
Thanks for your help. It turns out that the problem was the ground on the driver side in the engine bay.

Get notified of new replies

To No power to my driver door module

Quick Reply: No power to my driver door module