C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

driver's side mirror

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 01:40 PM
woodvette03
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default driver's side mirror

my driver's side mirror does not always keep its memory of its position. a lot of times when i get in and insert the key, i have to re-adjust the mirror. i did notice the fault code for this shows in the error codes in the dash. any thoughts?
thanks in advance.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:19 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

I agree we need to see your codes. I have seen a number of Memory issues that are corrected by a reboot of the electronics. After pulling the codes, try disconnecting the battery (neg side) for a about 5 minutes and reconnect.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:35 AM
woodvette03
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ok, here they are:
60-ipc code is U1160H
AO-LDCM is B2264H

so i guess the U1160, ldcm is causing the mirror issue. will disconnecting the battery reset and solve this or do i need to check some wiring, etc?
also my driver's seat sometimes has issues. it will not go back into my set driving position after stopping for gas for example. it seems like it will always work if the car is off for a while but not short stops like getting gas.

thanks a lot.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:04 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

I would first check the connection at the door pillar on the driver side. Separate the connection and look for any apparent issues with the pins. Common problem.

Here is a link showing that connection.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-there-is.html

PS: The fact that you have a position sensor code also indicates you have an issue beyond just the door connection.

Last edited by dadaroo; 11-03-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To driver's side mirror

Quick Reply: driver's side mirror