C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZR1 Carbon Spoiler for C5

Old 11-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Soluz
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Default ZR1 Carbon Spoiler for C5

Hi guys,

I just found this lovely ZR1 style spoiler for C5.
I think it is nice but I can't imagine how it looks like on the car. I mean, if it looks good once mounted.

Amazon.com: 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette Carbon Creations ZR Edition Wing Trunk Lid Spoiler - 1 Piece: Automotive Amazon.com: 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette Carbon Creations ZR Edition Wing Trunk Lid Spoiler - 1 Piece: Automotive

And another question, do you have any idea how to install it? If it is easy or not..

For the moment I only know the one from Carbon Creation but if you know some others please post them here

Old 11-20-2014, 08:50 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out andy'sautosport.com if you're into that kind of thing. They carry all kinds if "tuner" type stuff.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:57 AM
RMaxx10
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Soluz
Hi guys,

I just found this lovely ZR1 style spoiler for C5.
I think it is nice but I can't imagine how it looks like on the car. I mean, if it looks good once mounted.

Amazon.com: 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette Carbon Creations ZR Edition Wing Trunk Lid Spoiler - 1 Piece: Automotive

And another question, do you have any idea how to install it? If it is easy or not..

For the moment I only know the one from Carbon Creation but if you know some others please post them here

I installed side skirts front valence and the rear spoiler last year .
Old 11-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Check C7 Carbon. They make a ZR1 spoilers also.

http://www.c7carbon.com/rear-spoilers-c-25_138_143
Old 11-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by RMaxx10

I installed side skirts front valence and the rear spoiler last year .
Doesn't look right . Seems out of place on a C5.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:15 AM
RMaxx10
Instructor

I DISAGREE I am vey meticulous with this car, this was the only spoiler I felt could have came with the car from the factory, I know everyone has different tastes, always complemented on the whole package when I take it out. if interested in the front/rear spoiler, side skirts contact Pete @ Corvette Creationz he is very helpful from pricing to installation. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es/cheers2.gif
Old 11-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
Doesn't look right . Seems out of place on a C5.
I have the C7 Carbon ZR1 spoiler and its longer than the Carbon Creations, it goes all the way to the edge of the fender.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:49 AM
Soluz
Racer

Thank you for your opinion. how do I install it? Must I drill the rear bumper?

I also found this rear bumper at Carbon Creations, maybe it looks better than the ZR1 style spoiler on the C5..

http://extremedimensions.com/97-04-C...CC-SPR-RB.html
Old 11-24-2014, 06:16 PM
RMaxx10
Instructor

No Drilling, I used 3m double sided tape, as recommended by Pete. I was skeptical on this but I drove the car from California to Ohio no issues...
Old 11-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by Navybluevette
I have the C7 Carbon ZR1 spoiler and its longer than the Carbon Creations, it goes all the way to the edge of the fender.
Yours will look a lot better! The fact that this one doesn't fill the entire rear fascia makes it look like it just doesn't belong.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:46 PM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
Yours will look a lot better! The fact that this one doesn't fill the entire rear fascia makes it look like it just doesn't belong.
I agree. The C7Carbon ZR1 spoiler on Frank's (Navybluevette) car looked so good I got one for mine.

Only thing about the C7Carbon spoiler...you gotta bolt it on. No easy do-overs if you don't like it.

Go to a Cars-n-Coffee, find a C5 that has one on it and then make your decision.

Finally, different colored paint combined with a carbon fiber spoiler makes a difference in the car's appearance. The carbon fiber looks killer on Frank's navy blue. I have a Millennium Yellow coupe, and concluded an all-carbon fiber spoiler would "transform" it (pun intended) into a bubble bee-looking ride...not to my personal liking. So I painted my spoiler yellow except for a carbon fiber strip across the back.

The Lizzard
Old 11-26-2014, 03:42 AM
Soluz
Racer

Summing up:

The C7 Carbon ZR1 looks better because it's longer and it goes all the way to the edge of the fender. But I must bolt it on the fender.

http://www.c7carbon.com/zr1-style-re...r-for-c5-p-401

While the one from Carbon Creation is easier to instal thanks to the double sided tape but it looks worse on the car because it's shorter than the other one.

Amazon.com: 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette Carbon Creations ZR Edition Wing Trunk Lid Spoiler - 1 Piece: Automotive Amazon.com: 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette Carbon Creations ZR Edition Wing Trunk Lid Spoiler - 1 Piece: Automotive

Originally Posted by LoneStarLizzard
I agree. The C7Carbon ZR1 spoiler on Frank's (Navybluevette) car looked so good I got one for mine.

Only thing about the C7Carbon spoiler...you gotta bolt it on. No easy do-overs if you don't like it.

Go to a Cars-n-Coffee, find a C5 that has one on it and then make your decision.

Finally, different colored paint combined with a carbon fiber spoiler makes a difference in the car's appearance. The carbon fiber looks killer on Frank's navy blue. I have a Millennium Yellow coupe, and concluded an all-carbon fiber spoiler would "transform" it (pun intended) into a bubble bee-looking ride...not to my personal liking. So I painted my spoiler yellow except for a carbon fiber strip across the back.

The Lizzard
Thanks for your reply.
I live in Italy and here is pretty difficult find a C5, I think nobody mounted a ZR1 spoiler. For this reason I asked pictures here

Anyway I wouldn't bolt it on, I prefer use a double sided tape.

Regarding its aspect I think it would look good on my car, it is white with black wheels..

Last edited by Soluz; 11-26-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:37 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by RMaxx10
I DISAGREE I am vey meticulous with this car, this was the only spoiler I felt could have came with the car from the factory, I know everyone has different tastes, always complemented on the whole package when I take it out. if interested in the front/rear spoiler, side skirts contact Pete @ Corvette Creationz he is very helpful from pricing to installation. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es/cheers2.gif
Regarding your comment about what spoiler looks like it could have been a factory part, look at the Caravaggio rear spoiler (also front canards and side skirts). All of these parts were originally designed for the C5 Corvette by the man who designed the C5, John Cafaro. He designed them for his own Skunkwerkes as possible GM aftermarket pieces. For reasons I don't know he didn't go forward with that, but sold the molds to a friend of his, John Caravaggio. So if you want factory look parts, these are the pieces you need to look up, the most integrated looking parts. They are on my car in my avatar.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Summing up:

The C7 Carbon ZR1 looks better because it's longer and it goes all the way to the edge of the fender. But I must bolt it on the fender.

http://www.c7carbon.com/zr1-style-re...r-for-c5-p-401

While the one from Carbon Creation is easier to instal thanks to the double sided tape but it looks worse on the car because it's shorter than the other one.

Amazon.com: 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette Carbon Creations ZR Edition Wing Trunk Lid Spoiler - 1 Piece: Automotive

Thanks for your reply.
I live in Italy and here is pretty difficult find a C5, I think nobody mounted a ZR1 spoiler. For this reason I asked pictures here

Anyway I wouldn't bolt it on, I prefer use a double sided tape.

Regarding its aspect I think it would look good on my car, it is white with black wheels..

You can remove the mounting bolts and use double side tape with the C7 Carbon spoiler also.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:24 AM
Soluz
Racer

You can remove the mounting bolts and use double side tape with the C7 Carbon spoiler also.
Are you sure? Do exist any pictures showing how the C7 spoiler is made?
And how it looks on a C5?

I found this picture of a spoiler made for C6, maybe they are similar?

Last edited by Soluz; 12-04-2014 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Are you sure? Do exist any pictures showing how the C7 spoiler is made?
And how it looks on a C5?

I found this picture of a spoiler made for C6, maybe they are similar?

That picture is not of a C7 Carbon spoiler, I thought I saw somewhere in the C7 website that it could be done either way. My son in law has a C6 and he has a C7 Carbon spoiler on it that is double sided taped on. S I'm sure that it can be done.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Soluz
Racer

That picture is not of a C7 Carbon spoiler, I thought I saw somewhere in the C7 website that it could be done either way. My son in law has a C6 and he has a C7 Carbon spoiler on it that is double sided taped on. S I'm sure that it can be done.
Ok, C7 Carbon confirmed me it can be mounted using the double sided tape. Do you have any idea if it resists at high speed?
Old 12-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Ok, C7 Carbon confirmed me it can be mounted using the double sided tape. Do you have any idea if it resists at high speed?
Sorry I do not have any idea how it would handle high speeds being taped down, mine is bolted down.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Soluz
Racer

Any suggestion on the right tape to use for install the spoiler?

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Carbon Spoiler for C5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZR1 Carbon Spoiler for C5