C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed my HUD!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 11:05 PM
bellssn690
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed my HUD!!

Today, after an exciting oil change and spark plug change, I decided to tackle the dreaded "fallen HUD" fix.

I read the threads about removing the dash and then KCJeff's thread for how he fixed his HUD, (THANK YOU KCJeff!!!) and dove in head first. I was able to get it working again but the first time I installed it, but it was still too low and wouldn't adjust higher. I pulled it out and removed the mirror again, then reinstalled it, ran the adjustment all the way down the pulled it again, re-installed the mirror, and reinstalled the HUD unit. VOILA!! It now showed up on the windshield and I could adjust it up and down as needed. I also cleaned everything while I had it open. Thanks to this forum and some very awesome folks, this HUD is back in view again!

You guys DEFINITELY make this forum the best one going for any Corvette owner!.
ps - sorry about the crappy pic but I used my iPhone.
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2014, 10:16 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Had the same problem and also used the guide here to fix it. I too had an issue with the mirror not moving after reinstalling it. Like you I tested it before putting everything back together, so I simply removed the projector and did what you did. Then I thought just how much time and aggravation I saved by testing it before reinstalling everything else.

Good luck... GUSTO
Old 11-29-2014, 09:21 AM
bellssn690
Instructor

Originally Posted by GUSTO14
Had the same problem and also used the guide here to fix it. I too had an issue with the mirror not moving after reinstalling it. Like you I tested it before putting everything back together, so I simply removed the projector and did what you did. Then I thought just how much time and aggravation I saved by testing it before reinstalling everything else.

Good luck... GUSTO
Heck, thanks to this forum, I've already fixed the passenger side seat wobble too and have ordered a set of new "synthetic leather" seat covers from interior innovations to install (MUUUCCCHHHH cheaper than real leather and easy on a tiny budget!) and only because of this forum. Amazing source of knowledge and how-to's for the Corvette!!

Thanks and good luck to you too!!
Old 11-30-2014, 11:14 AM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Nice to read positive stuff, and this job is on my to do list.

Since both had posters here had the same problem in common is this an adjustment or something that is missing from the instructions, or is this just a coincidence?

Call me paranoid , but if you were working with my level of skill, you would try to make it as surprise free as possible also.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:32 AM
bellssn690
Instructor

Originally Posted by strand rider
Nice to read positive stuff, and this job is on my to do list.

Since both had posters here had the same problem in common is this an adjustment or something that is missing from the instructions, or is this just a coincidence?

Call me paranoid , but if you were working with my level of skill, you would try to make it as surprise free as possible also.
I don't think anything is missing from the instructions. I think it's just a matter of getting everything reinstalled correctly. I don't really know what I might've done or not done, but after I took it back out and apart again, I was very careful with the reassembly. It was more probably my eagerness and haste to get it back in the car that led to the issue. Anyway, just make sure you test it BEFORE you reinstall your dash.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Bluesteve1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! This and a cracked HUD bezel are both on my to do list along with fixing the dim climate control
Old 11-30-2014, 04:53 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Nice job! Here's one for the bubbleheads!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:49 PM
ArtGle
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey guys, My "HUD PROBLEM" isn't about adjustment, in the 'location' sense of the word.
Mine appears to be that it doesn't go "BRIGHT" in sunlight...
Any ideas?

Get notified of new replies

To Fixed my HUD!!

Quick Reply: Fixed my HUD!!