C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big D 99c5

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:09 PM
metalheadbusa
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big D 99c5

Hey guys . I have a question about some issues I'm having with my 99 c5 six speed manual.i keep getting the pull key and service colum lock. Yes I have installed both of the lmc5 and I'm still getting the messages. I have also been talking to Richard about this . But maybe someone out there know something that I'm missing. Ok let me get to it . If there are some switches that are not working like my window switches both of them and the lights on the rear view mirror and I replaced the BCM ,I never had the RPO code flashed .could any of this still be setting the codes ? I have order new window switches they just haven't showed up yet. Any new ideals will help . I'm down to having to disconnect the battery every time I shut the car off just to be able to drive the car. You can text me at metalheadstunna@yahoo.com thanks for any help!!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:01 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

I don't see any relationship between your issues and the CL messages.

What is disconnecting the battery for? If you are getting battery drain then:

Did you disconnect the CL relay when you installed the LMC5? They can fail and drain the battery.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:51 AM
metalheadbusa
Instructor

Yes I unhooked the relay and when I disconnect the battery it resets every thing and the cL is gone until I trun the car off then it's back . I just replace the battery four months ago. Took it last week and had it checked the battery checked out good
Old 11-29-2014, 11:16 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Richard at Compliance Parts and 8VETTE7 should be able to help you. I have heard of some folks who had a K harness dealer recall done had a similar issue that required a Brown wire disconnect fix. I have that info at home so I hope I am not wrong on it being related to the K harness. Can get that info later.

I recommend you PM 8VETTE7 and get back to Richard.

Richard makes several versions of the LMC5 for some BCM timing issues. I have never seen a case that he has not successfully resolved.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:19 PM
metalheadbusa
Instructor

Hey thank you for the help . If you could get that info for me would be great . I put my email on my first post . Thanks once again
Old 11-30-2014, 07:52 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Here is the link. Also, Let the DIC run it's course before you start the car. Many people who just stick the key in and turn to the Start position have seen certain issues.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-gremlins.html

Read every post.

Get notified of new replies

To Big D 99c5

Quick Reply: Big D 99c5