C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base C5 GM Susp Upgrade - C6 Z51 Sway Bars - C6 Z06 Shocks - At CULTRAG Performance!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 10:13 PM
Geneman
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks gene thats exactly what i would like to do. can you sell me the package ? i see you are in Reading PA. i am quite near in Villanova PA. Do you have these in stock and can i pick it up anytime soon> Please use my email for details: rauscher@wistar.org, or respond here.
Thanks Frank

Originally Posted by Gene Culley
Unless you're running 325 width or higher rear tires we recommend the C6 Z06 shocks and C6 Z51 sway bars. This is the best upgrade for the non-Z06 C5.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:17 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Geneman
thanks gene thats exactly what i would like to do. can you sell me the package ? i see you are in Reading PA. i am quite near in Villanova PA. Do you have these in stock and can i pick it up anytime soon> Please use my email for details: rauscher@wistar.org, or respond here.
Thanks Frank
I'm not on the forum every day so it is best to email or give us a call. If you contact me I will be able to arrange pick-up for you, no problem. My email is gene@cultragperformance.com.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 08-31-2016, 10:21 PM
Geneman
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just emailed you gene

I'm not on the forum every day so it is best to email or give us a call. If you contact me I will be able to arrange pick-up for you, no problem. My email is gene@cultragperformance.com.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:17 AM
holley505
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is a suspension forum. But I noticed you guys sell clutches also. I have a modded 2000 C5 FRC ... still riding factory clutch for 133k miles. I would like to upgrades to ZO6 or Zr1 Clutch kit? being I do autocross and road race at times. I am not sure what part number will work? Can you provide any info on that?

And I will be ordering the shocks and sway bars soon also.

Last edited by holley505; 09-01-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Gene Culley

Originally Posted by holley505
I know this is a suspension forum. But I noticed you guys sell clutches also. I have a modded 2000 C5 FRC ... still riding factory clutch for 133k miles. I would like to upgrades to ZO6 or Zr1 Clutch kit? being I do autocross and road race at times. I am not sure what part number will work? Can you provide any info on that?

And I will be ordering the shocks and sway bars soon also.
You'll want to do the LS7 clutch kit which is perfect for what you're doing. You can see the link below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rformance.html
Old 02-08-2017, 09:08 PM
JeffreyDurbin
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I was planning on doing the C6 Z06 shock upgrade because I have never replaced my shocks in the 11 years I have owned the Corvette. I thought replacing the end links while I was at it made sense as long as I am replacing the shocks. Considering your price is $120 for the four end links and $110 if I add them to the sway bar package it is like getting the sway bars for $247 and not $257 (small difference I know.)

Will the sway bars transform my performance or do I get most of the improvement from the shocks?

I drive on Los Angeles' crappy roads with lots of potholes and damage so I am concerned I won't get a ton of benefit from them.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Gene Culley

Originally Posted by JeffreyDurbin
I was planning on doing the C6 Z06 shock upgrade because I have never replaced my shocks in the 11 years I have owned the Corvette. I thought replacing the end links while I was at it made sense as long as I am replacing the shocks. Considering your price is $120 for the four end links and $110 if I add them to the sway bar package it is like getting the sway bars for $247 and not $257 (small difference I know.)

Will the sway bars transform my performance or do I get most of the improvement from the shocks?

I drive on Los Angeles' crappy roads with lots of potholes and damage so I am concerned I won't get a ton of benefit from them.
The shocks will improve the ride. Even with the car being 11 years old, if you replace the shocks with even standard replacement shocks so you would definitely notice a difference with the Z06 shocks. The sway bars are for cornering. That's why we recommend them as a package. The Z06 shocks are a tad stiffer, so you'll feel more bumps in the road, but it also won't be living driving on a washboard either.

You could always try to order either the shocks or the sway bars first to see if you just like adding one of them first.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:21 AM
JeffreyDurbin
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The shocks will improve the ride. Even with the car being 11 years old, if you replace the shocks with even standard replacement shocks so you would definitely notice a difference with the Z06 shocks. The sway bars are for cornering. That's why we recommend them as a package. The Z06 shocks are a tad stiffer, so you'll feel more bumps in the road, but it also won't be living driving on a washboard either.

You could always try to order either the shocks or the sway bars first to see if you just like adding one of them first.
The car is 20 years old. I have had it 11 years.

I need to spend next weekend fixing the power steering and my driver seat.

This repair will need to wait for another time. Let me know if you run a sale and I will scoop up the shocks, sway bars and end links. I need to do it. I just don't need to do it now.

Thank you.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:05 PM
patrickt

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffreyDurbin
The car is 20 years old. I have had it 11 years.

I need to spend next weekend fixing the power steering and my driver seat.

This repair will need to wait for another time. Let me know if you run a sale and I will scoop up the shocks, sway bars and end links. I need to do it. I just don't need to do it now.

Thank you.
If you sign up for an account on our website and opt into emails any sales will be emailed to you or you can watch the forum as we post them there as well
Order Your GM Parts at www.CULTRAGfactoryparts.com
patrick@cultragperformance.com
1-484-334-8833
Old 05-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Gene Culley

Order your C5 suspension upgrade from CULTRAG Performance.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:22 PM
ArtGle
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

I know this is a thread for your suspension package, which by the way is fantastic.
The 'complete package' that I bought from you has taken my 99 coupe from Bangor Me, to Key West FL, and now enjoys the back roads of western NC.

My question to you is....
Do you sell driveshaft couplers?
I bought an 01 torque tube assy with shaft, but it still needs couplers.
I will NOT do the cheap ones. "Chevrolet Only".
Old 05-20-2017, 11:48 PM
patrickt

Originally Posted by ArtGle
I know this is a thread for your suspension package, which by the way is fantastic.
The 'complete package' that I bought from you has taken my 99 coupe from Bangor Me, to Key West FL, and now enjoys the back roads of western NC.

My question to you is....
Do you sell driveshaft couplers?
I bought an 01 torque tube assy with shaft, but it still needs couplers.
I will NOT do the cheap ones. "Chevrolet Only".
Yes we do please email me at Patrick@cultragperformance.com
Old 05-22-2017, 10:14 AM
ArtGle
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Email sent
Old 05-23-2017, 02:19 PM
ArtGle
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you Patrick.
Even with their 'Discount Price', the stealership couldn't come close to your price.
Can't wait 'till tomorrow.
YAY
Old 05-25-2017, 09:58 PM
Gene Culley

Originally Posted by ArtGle
Thank you Patrick.
Even with their 'Discount Price', the stealership couldn't come close to your price.
Can't wait 'till tomorrow.
YAY
Thank you for your business. You're a true pleasure to work with.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:47 AM
holley505
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll want to do the LS7 clutch kit which is perfect for what you're doing. You can see the link below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rformance.html
Now I more confused... I was told the C5 ZO6 clutch would be a better upgrade because unlike the C6 ZO6 it will come with the fly wheel? Is that True do you have the C5 ZO6 clutch set also?
Old 05-31-2017, 10:05 PM
Gene Culley

Originally Posted by holley505
Now I more confused... I was told the C5 ZO6 clutch would be a better upgrade because unlike the C6 ZO6 it will come with the fly wheel? Is that True do you have the C5 ZO6 clutch set also?
I do no agree with what you were told.

To answer your question the C5 Z06 clutch kit is $573.33.

The C6 Z06 clutch kit has 20% more clamping force and 1" more of surface area and is less expensive. Follow my advice.

Get notified of new replies

To Base C5 GM Susp Upgrade - C6 Z51 Sway Bars - C6 Z06 Shocks - At CULTRAG Performance!

Old 06-17-2017, 11:18 PM
patrickt

Thank you all for your orders it is much appreciated
Old 06-21-2017, 10:22 PM
Gene Culley

Order your C5 suspension upgrade from CULTRAG Performance.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Had to reply to this post. TTT!! I ordered a LOT of stuff from Gene and Patrick over the past years. I've always received excellent service and prompt delivery.

Gene and Patrick know their products and are ALWAYS the GM Product go to guys.

If you have GM Parts needs or questions, GIVE THEM A CALL!!

Bill Curlee

Quick Reply: Base C5 GM Susp Upgrade - C6 Z51 Sway Bars - C6 Z06 Shocks - At CULTRAG Performance!