C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunvisor Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 02:40 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 244 Posts

Default Sunvisor Install

I took my sunvisor out, had homelink installed, and I cannot seem to get the outer bezel to lock back into the inner bezel upon installation. Any tips??
Old 12-21-2014, 03:26 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi
I think I remember that being a pita .

I think I got mine to go in when I had the visor against the side window , like 90 deg to the windshield . A bit like installing a headlamp bulb .

Old 12-21-2014, 08:54 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

DITTO on last post, position it against side window and slide in and rotate clockwise for the drivers side and counter clockwise for passenger side.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:01 PM
houlismith
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

7 years later, your posts are still "firing on all cylinders"...Needed to replace the visors on my '97 Nassau Blue C5....Following on line videos for removal, I managed to brake not only the bezels on both sides, but the trim/mounts on both sides as well. Easy enough to find and order all the parts, but after my not so smooth removal of the visors, I was tempted to take the car to the local body shop for install.

After reading your posts, it all seemed to make sense, so I decided to tempt fate. Following your instructions and observations, I got both visors installed in about a half hour. Thanks for all the help, and kudos to CF for this forum!!
Old 11-27-2020, 08:05 PM
houlismith
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's break, not "brake" Lol

Get notified of new replies

To Sunvisor Install

Quick Reply: Sunvisor Install