C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with passenger side low beam:

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Dreadnought
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with passenger side low beam:

I'm running fleabay ACA headlights, and my passenger side low beam consistantly stops working. Recently it stopped working for good. I replaced the relay which usually burns out, nothing. I replaced the fuses, nothing. I took apart and inspected the multifunction switch, nothing. I'm thinking it's a resistor or burnt wire issue. Anyone have this problem?
Old 12-21-2014, 06:04 PM
outkast6991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you check the plug itself? Mine has a weak connection and will wiggle loose after a while. I push it back in and it works for a bit. Worth a check
Old 12-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Dreadnought
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the connections ability to hold the bulb, and the bulb is fine. I tried it on the other side, and it works. I've noticed that the headlight will pop up slower than the driver side as well; could this be connected?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:28 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

You need to start checking for voltage and going backwards from the light to the fuse box as a first step. You said you replaced the fuse but did you check if the fuse had power to it? Also curious if the relay that fails is 44 in the I/P fuse box. Also, is it the contacts or the coil that fails? That is only actuated by Twilight Sentinel. It is not in the circuit for normal actuation of the headlights.

If you find a burned wire then consider:

What wattage are these in comparison to OEM? Also, if you have added resistors what is the resistance. Also, are these being fed with the OEM harness?

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with passenger side low beam:

Quick Reply: Problem with passenger side low beam: