C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manzo Exhaust Headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 01:07 AM
Jayman
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Manzo Exhaust Headers

Anyone used/installed these? Curious as to fit, finish, and durability etc.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/381085061890?_mwBanner=1
Old 12-22-2014, 09:51 AM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

No... but I'm pretty sure this is who makes the headers that was brought up a few weeks ago on another post. Top Speed pro 1, check out the C5 headers and compare pictures.
http://topspeedauto.com/chevy-corvet...mance-headers/
Old 12-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Jayman
Racer

Wow that's great pricing too. I've just been searching and can't find any threads about these as "top" and "speed" generate all sorts of other topics.
Can you possibly point me to some threads where people have bought and installed these?
Old 12-22-2014, 02:54 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...1-headers.html
Doesn't look like anybody here bought them, just peaked some interest (including mine).
People can say all they want about buying cheaper headers, or not buying overseas models (not that there's any proof these are to my knowledge), for me it's either cheaper headers or no headers. I don't have the funds to spend $2000 on an exhaust system. So my market is XSPower, Manzo, Texas Speed, etc.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:42 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by grantv
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...1-headers.html
Doesn't look like anybody here bought them, just peaked some interest (including mine).
People can say all they want about buying cheaper headers, or not buying overseas models (not that there's any proof these are to my knowledge), for me it's either cheaper headers or no headers. I don't have the funds to spend $2000 on an exhaust system. So my market is XSPower, Manzo, Texas Speed, etc.
I can vouch for Texas Speed. Their headers make great power. They're pretty much a copy of an LG header, or very similar. Their 32in primaries are great for torque and make good top end power. I made up to 700rwhp with them on my boosted LS3 and only now am I moving up to a 1 7/8 header. I've had the TSP headers for many years with no problems and the new Stainless steel ones are even better. Can't beat the price either. Proven company to make tons of power with LS motors.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Jayman
Racer

If you don't mind can you comment on the installation itself and whether or no any problems were encountered.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:44 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Also curious about TSP install and sealing. I prefer ball and socket joints if possible but XSPower can't seem to get stock and unsure about the other brands for fit...
Old 12-23-2014, 01:25 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

The TSP headers fit great for me. I've had them on and off a few times and did it myself in my garage. Like any header it takes some finessing and wiggling around but I didn't need to lower the cradle or remove the starter. If i recall correctly the passenger side can be installed from the top and the driver from the bottom. Just need to raise the car enough to get them in. Worst case, loosening the steering shaft may help. They're slip fit and I've never had any exhaust leak issues. I use ss band clamps from summit. The ones they provided when I bought them were regular steel, now they may be ss just like the headers though.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:54 AM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C5Natie
The TSP headers fit great for me. I've had them on and off a few times and did it myself in my garage. Like any header it takes some finessing and wiggling around but I didn't need to lower the cradle or remove the starter. If i recall correctly the passenger side can be installed from the top and the driver from the bottom. Just need to raise the car enough to get them in. Worst case, loosening the steering shaft may help. They're slip fit and I've never had any exhaust leak issues. I use ss band clamps from summit. The ones they provided when I bought them were regular steel, now they may be ss just like the headers though.
Thanks very much Natie! Think it's time to order me some headers.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Kaploww
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grantv
Thanks very much Natie! Think it's time to order me some headers.
I bought one of their 3" X pipes as it is pre bent, and literally less expensive than the stainless steel components separately.

I'm going to be cutting it up anyways as I'm installing a set of cutouts and mating it to a couple of turbo downpipes. So I wasn't real worried about overall fit and finish as I have a TIG welder and can make adjustments as needed.

Looks to be pretty high quality, and a KOOKs header knock off.

3 O2 sensor bungs, the welds are nice, the flanges have been surfaced after welding, came with gaskets, and stainless steel clamps for the slip fit sections.

I'm pretty impressed with the piece. It's a shame to cut it up. Oh well. hahaha

Get notified of new replies

To Manzo Exhaust Headers

Quick Reply: Manzo Exhaust Headers