C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Speaker Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Soobz
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Speaker Mounts

has anybody used the plastic front speaker mounts for the C5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331423190118?lpid=82&chn=ps
Any Good?
Old 12-26-2014, 01:20 AM
dtorc4
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed this set last week. I am very happy with them. The plastic is fairly sturdy and the holes are aligned well. Since it's not wood, you don't need to bother sealing them for moisture resistance.

I also bought a set of 6.5" foam speaker enclosures from pep boys for about $8 to protect the speakers from water and give them better bass response.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:55 PM
Soobz
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dtorc4
I just installed this set last week. I am very happy with them. The plastic is fairly sturdy and the holes are aligned well. Since it's not wood, you don't need to bother sealing them for moisture resistance.

I also bought a set of 6.5" foam speaker enclosures from pep boys for about $8 to protect the speakers from water and give them better bass response.
thanks, im still a little worried about them not being sturdy enough, how thick are they
Old 12-26-2014, 09:26 PM
dtorc4
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Soobz
thanks, im still a little worried about them not being sturdy enough, how thick are they
How do you mean not sturdy enough? What are your concerns? They are thick enough to be sturdy. They aren't flimsy. Once you mount your speakers in them they won't flex.

Get notified of new replies

To Front Speaker Mounts

Quick Reply: Front Speaker Mounts