C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Monster Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:30 PM
66CorvetteCoupe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Monster Clutch

I finally pulled the trigger on a new Monster Stage II single disc assembly with the lightened billet steel 18# flywheel for my 03 Z. I hope the lighter flywheel is worth the up-charge and the clutch is as good as they say. I toyed with an LS-7 set-up but finally decided to go with the Monster clutch. Opinions good or bad guys; my car is at 435 whp so I am hoping this will handle it well.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Impulsive goat
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm curious as well, I'm torn between the monster stage 2 or the mantic er2. Ill be watching for opinions and personal experiences.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:47 PM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Installed a monster level 2 a few months ago. I'm at around 425 whp, no issues so far. Didn't really feel a big change with the lightweight flywheel, good or bad. No issues with the car stalling, but can't really tell it revs faster in neutral or etc. Clutch bites a bit more aggressively than the LS6 stocker which took a day or two to adjust to.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:30 PM
66CorvetteCoupe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onspeed
Installed a monster level 2 a few months ago. I'm at around 425 whp, no issues so far. Didn't really feel a big change with the lightweight flywheel, good or bad. No issues with the car stalling, but can't really tell it revs faster in neutral or etc. Clutch bites a bit more aggressively than the LS6 stocker which took a day or two to adjust to.
Thanks for the feedback; I talked to the rep for Monster last week he indicated that I could expect a small amount of extra pedal effort with more grip so what you said is about how he described it.

Get notified of new replies

To New Monster Clutch

Quick Reply: New Monster Clutch