C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior light issue?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 08:35 PM
brucksch
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Interior light issue?

The 2004 has been sitting for about 2 weeks. The car is unlocked sitting in the garage. I opened the driver’s door and notice that the interior lights did not come on so I’m thinking dead battery. However, I hit the remote unlock button and the interior lights come on and the seat adjusts. The car started and ran fine. When I got to work I shut off the engine and removed the key. The radio is still playing and the interior lights are on. I open the door and the interior lights go off but the radio and dash lights are still on. I manually turned off the radio, closed the door and locked the car. No interior lights are on but the dash lights stay on for a few minutes. The car did fine on the way home. What the heck is happening?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Inside your door LOCK ASSY, is a door OPEN/CLOSED sensor. I believe that it is not sensing that the drivers door is opening and closing.

Lock the car with the WINDOWS OPEN and lock it with the FOB. Reach in the drivers window, unlock the door and open the door. The ALARM SHOULD SOUND! If it doesnt, the door is not telling the BCM that it is open.

Bill

Quick Reply: Interior light issue?