C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 seat problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 10:01 AM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

Default C5 seat problems

I have read through a ton of threads on C5 seats and have answers for some, but not all, of my issues.

The passenger side seems solvable with the couple of kits that I already have.

The driver side though... has all the normal issues plus three more I can't find the answers to.

1-- the seat track bracket is literally broken where it attaches to the seat. It's the left rear bracket.

2-- the rear seat back keeps dropping back to the left. I have done the reset procedure and that fixes it for about 5 minutes. As soon as you put any weight into it it drops back again.

3-- The left bolster seems broken. The support on the left side is gone so it doesn't hold you in to the car like the right side does.

If I could swap seats from side to side it would fix most of my issues for now. They are sport seats out of a 98 pace car if that matters.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a dye pen to touch up the yellow stitching? while they are out I'm doing the general cleanup as well.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:16 AM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

Update...

I found the bracket kit on ebay so that is ordered.

I'm down to the seat back issues Vs. the seat bottom issues. The seat back leans to the left and the left bolster seems shot. I can't find info on either of these still.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:22 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Look at this for the leaning issue.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-straight.html

Bladder info:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-2004-ce.html
Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

You can not switch the passengers seat with the drivers seat.. controls would be on the wrong side, the cloth insert ( to prevent rub )on the seat back next to the console, would be on the wrong side too.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 seat problems

Quick Reply: C5 seat problems