C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sport seat problems on 2004 CE

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 08:32 PM
cryvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport seat problems on 2004 CE

I've had this c5 since June 2014. Having had 8 other vettes the last being a c4. I've always did most of my own repairs. At one time in my life I was a GM tech. I'm enjoying this C5 the most. The only problem I am having is the driver's seat adjustments.
The control that moves the seat back and forth and up and down works fine, it's the three other controls that help change the shape of the seat that don't work. When I move the buttons they make a noise and the seat dose nothing. Any help PLEASE....
Old 01-25-2015, 08:41 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are the bladders, and in most cases they become old and brittle and break in the connectors. On the sport seats, there is a zipper on the top that you can undo and take the seat cover off, there you will see the bladders and will be able to determine if they have broken or not. You can do a search for seat bladders to get better info and maybe some pics to look at.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:52 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounded like the motor was working? Easiest step is to unzip the seat and look at the bladders first and see if air is getting to them, If not, you'll need to take the seat out as mentioned.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:42 PM
cryvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone.... I feel better now taking the seat out. I know what to look for.... I'm going on a trip so hopefully I can make my trip a little better with the seat repaired...thanks again....Bob Yates
Old 01-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

One other thing, Some time the bladder itself is destroyed or leaking... you can go to Walmart and buy an inexpensive blood pressure cuff, and use it to connect to the pump, you can buy one for each failed bladder,2 sides or 2 lumbars.. they will last forever.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:02 PM
twostepdon
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

You may find these helpful.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...vil-style.html

http://www.vetteessentials.com/instr...er_change.html

Get notified of new replies

To sport seat problems on 2004 CE

Quick Reply: sport seat problems on 2004 CE