C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to add negative camber in front of C5?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:55 PM
maroon88iroc
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default how to add negative camber in front of C5?

I have a 02 Corvette Z06 and I am looking to track the car & want to add some negative camber to the front safely. I will be getting an alignment afterwards to dial everything in.

I have done research and mostly all I am finding is buy a camber kit. but I have seen some people say they have got over -2 degrees camber out of the front just by removing the upper control arm shims.

Can anyone verify this? I also found out the lower control arm bolts also adjust the camber, so I am thinking I will remove the upper shims myself and at the alignment shop get the tech to adjust the lower control arm bolts to add a little more camber. I am hoping to end up with -2 to -2.5 degrees camber.

Thanks,
-Gibson
Old 02-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by maroon88iroc
I have a 02 Corvette Z06 and I am looking to track the car & want to add some negative camber to the front safely. I will be getting an alignment afterwards to dial everything in.

I have done research and mostly all I am finding is buy a camber kit. but I have seen some people say they have got over -2 degrees camber out of the front just by removing the upper control arm shims.

Can anyone verify this? I also found out the lower control arm bolts also adjust the camber, so I am thinking I will remove the upper shims myself and at the alignment shop get the tech to adjust the lower control arm bolts to add a little more camber. I am hoping to end up with -2 to -2.5 degrees camber.

Thanks,
-Gibson
Between 2 and 2.5 is about what you'll get with no shims and the concentrics at the limits. Usually it's closer to the 2 than the 2.5. Unfortunately you may also remove a lot of caster when you pull all the shims and have to add some back on the front legs of the upper control arms to get it back. This will end up costing you some of your camber. Give it a shot and see where it comes out.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:35 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Yes save yourself time and money by removing the washers yourself. Take it to the alignment shop and have them turn the lower eccentrics all the way outward and see where you end up camber wise. Them work at matching the camber numbers from there while getting caster even from there. Now if you are going to daily drive as well, then have the caster about 0.30* higher on the right.

Let the caster number not be as important as the camber. Unless its extrememly low.

signed - the alignment guy.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:11 PM
maroon88iroc
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

In case anyone was interested in I pulled all of the washers behind the upper control arms and got the car aligned. I was curious what the max camber I could achieve was so he did it for me while on the rack, went to a max of -3.0. I had him set the camber at -2.1 for both right and left front.

Thanks guys for the help!

Get notified of new replies

To how to add negative camber in front of C5?

Quick Reply: how to add negative camber in front of C5?