C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Swap into an FRC

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 10:49 AM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LS7 Swap into an FRC

It has come time to make a serious decision.

My friend is completely gutting the LS7 longblock (30K miles) from his C6Z and replacing it with an ERL forged block. He'd like to see the LS7 go into my FRC. We'd be doing the swap in a home garage. Were parking the cars next to each other and transplanting everything.

I know Ligenfelter makes a module to convert the crank and cam sensor to the C5 PCM as well as a battery relocation kit for the dry sump.

My question for the few that have done this at home. Will the car start and run on the c5 ECU with Ligenfelter box after the swap, or will it need a professional tune just to crank over?

Trying to get all my ducks in row.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:37 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

You have a really good friend!
Old 03-15-2015, 12:50 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by f6john
You have a really good friend!
I'm not getting it for free. But at a highly discounted priced. So much that the full price of the swap should be less than an STS turbo kit, which is what I was going to do before. Can't pass that up.

He owes me one anyway.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:16 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RU_VVET
It has come time to make a serious decision.

My friend is completely gutting the LS7 longblock (30K miles) from his C6Z and replacing it with an ERL forged block. He'd like to see the LS7 go into my FRC. We'd be doing the swap in a home garage. Were parking the cars next to each other and transplanting everything.

I know Ligenfelter makes a module to convert the crank and cam sensor to the C5 PCM as well as a battery relocation kit for the dry sump.

My question for the few that have done this at home. Will the car start and run on the c5 ECU with Ligenfelter box after the swap, or will it need a professional tune just to crank over?

Trying to get all my ducks in row.
I know of one person (tuner shop) that had problems with the Lingenfelter conversion box, they ended up switching to 24 tooth reluctor wheel

Not sure about the LS7 TB either

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 Swap into an FRC

Quick Reply: LS7 Swap into an FRC