C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Side Floorboard Soaking Wet.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Lmoyers
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Floorboard Soaking Wet.

Randomly noticed that my passenger side floorboard was soaking wet today when I went to take a letter inside, the letter had been sitting on the floorboard for almost a week I think. The letter did not look stained and did not have anything more than a musty odor on it. The water (if it is water) must have been there for a while because the envelope had started to mold.

I lifted the floormat, more moisture. Popped out the service panel where the passenger's feet go, DRY. Looked up at this:

No idea what it is, the foamy part inside the plastic is soaking wet, must be where the moisture is coming from. Is this plastic piece supposed to be open like that? Is my A/C causing this? I wanted to check my coolant level but the car is still hot, just got home.

Very confused
Old 03-24-2015, 05:37 PM
CaseyJones
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

There is a long sticky about leaks in our cars. The cowl vents, the top door hinge seal, among others, are not uncommon. Search for "C5 interior leak".
Old 03-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Lmoyers
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought my problem was too strange to be a common issue, seems I may have found the problem now. Thanks for the tip, I usually search these things beforehand :p
Old 03-24-2015, 05:42 PM
CaseyJones
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

That's good. Bill Curlee's thread "Leak check" is gospel as far as finding and fixing C5 leaks in case you need it.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:23 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Lmoyers
I thought my problem was too strange to be a common issue, seems I may have found the problem now. Thanks for the tip, I usually search these things beforehand :p
So, what was the problem... I like learning all I can. How are you going to fix it?
Old 03-24-2015, 07:23 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

There is a lot of electrical in that area of the floor. Did you look and see if any of that is wet? Pull up the carpet and you will see what I'm saying.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Could be a clogged HVAC drain udder or a leak in the heater core also.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger Side Floorboard Soaking Wet.

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Floorboard Soaking Wet.