C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accidentally turned F45 back on, help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Barndog Buddha
The downside to just removing and zip tying the shock sensor is IF anything still connected such as the wheel position sensors malfunctions you will get codes and you will get limited to 80mph and you will have to repair it. Why anyone would leave all those sensors, wiring and the module in the car is beyond me. Delete it remove it and you are done forever.
Don't the wheel position sensors have to be there regardless so if they have issues it's gonna get codes and you still have to fix that issue regardless. I just posted another way around the situation for free. Don't like it don't use it. What works for me may not work for you. But it's a option and not everyone may have access to a tech 2 or maybe short on cash for expensive simulators or can find resistors or have a soldering iron. Different way to skin a cat bro. If your wheels sensors go out you still gotta fix that problem shocks or no shocks..
Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Barndog Buddha
Instructor

Location: Gurnee IL. so close to Wisc. I can smell it when they cut the cheese
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Don't the wheel position sensors have to be there regardless so if they have issues it's gonna get codes and you still have to fix that issue regardless. I just posted another way around the situation for free. Don't like it don't use it. What works for me may not work for you. But it's a option and not everyone may have access to a tech 2 or maybe short on cash for expensive simulators or can find resistors or have a soldering iron. Different way to skin a cat bro. If your wheels sensors go out you still gotta fix that problem shocks or no shocks..
Chicago, you are 100% correct. There are different options and I respect everyones right to choose the best one for them. I did not mean to imply there was only one way to do it. Just wanted to make people aware of the possible problems. I used a poor choice of words for that I am sorry. Note to self reread you post before submiting. As far as the wheel position sensor it's that box with the linkage to the swing arm and is a part of the real time damping. The wheel sensor mounted on the hub is not removed it must be there.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

^ gotcha
Old 03-29-2015, 11:18 PM
erufle
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be for a different model but I could swear I saw an ad for a small device that fools the system into thinking it is the (F45?) shock absorber. You just plug it into all four corners and the car operates as normal.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by erufle
This may be for a different model but I could swear I saw an ad for a small device that fools the system into thinking it is the (F45?) shock absorber. You just plug it into all four corners and the car operates as normal.
Those would be the simulators and they are around 200 shipped..Thats why I did what I did
Old 03-30-2015, 05:51 AM
wildthingwood1994
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
My car disagress and says it's right and so does everyone else's that have done it this way .. I don't get any codes..You just ziptie the sensor out of the way. I am running c6z06

This isn't my idea I got it from here https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-on-c5.html..I also talked to rv13 earlier and he answered some questions for me. Thanks again man!!! Basically you unhook the shock and the plug so you have the whole thing in front of you..

and you take a punch or screwdriver and hit the holes in a counter clockwise position and it starts to unscrew. It took me a few wacks for it to break free. Unscrew it and wiggle the sensor out.You may have to pop that piece to the right off with a flat head. I did...

Once your done just plug it back up and ziptie the wires out of the way. You can actually attach the sensor rubber piece on the side of the brake line where you popped the other part off its a perfect fit. I have no codes and I sat there for 30 minutes unhooking it and hooking it up to see if it would throw any codes. the only time it did was when I disconnected it from the harness. SO I am a happy camper..

I only got a quick glance but I'm pretty sure only the wires are left because the previous owner deleted the system the correct way the 1st time and chopped everything out.
Now that I read this thread I think that might be the tpms box and wires. Also I have no tpms sensors just regular stems, but that's another problem for another day.

Last edited by wildthingwood1994; 03-30-2015 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 AM
wildthingwood1994
Racer

Originally Posted by erufle
I don't have the extra cash for those simulators right now. This isn't URGENT because I never go over 80mph, may be young but I'm a slow poke.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:19 AM
Barndog Buddha
Instructor

Location: Gurnee IL. so close to Wisc. I can smell it when they cut the cheese
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wildthing....I still have all the components that I took off. If you need something let me know.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:27 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Ryan, we can try to do it again based on the input of clearing codes with the Tech 2.

You should not have to do the resistors.

That may also be why we could not delete the TPMS wither.

My time is free, I already have my beer from you.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:58 PM
wildthingwood1994
Racer

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Ryan, we can try to do it again based on the input of clearing codes with the Tech 2.

You should not have to do the resistors.

That may also be why we could not delete the TPMS wither.

My time is free, I already have my beer from you.
Yea I think that was the problem!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:59 PM
wildthingwood1994
Racer

Originally Posted by Barndog Buddha
Wildthing....I still have all the components that I took off. If you need something let me know.
Hopefully clearing the tech 2 is all that it needs, if not I will contact you. Thanks much.

Quick Reply: Accidentally turned F45 back on, help.