C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where does this go under steering column??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:37 PM
MAK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where does this go under steering column??

I wasn't paying close enough attention when removing my steering column to replace the position sensor and now I have a wire bundle and part that I'm not sure where it goes...
It hangs all the way to the floor. Is manufactured by Tyco and is about 2" square with some foam wrapped around it to prevent rattles I guess. Appears to have some slot type mounts on each side but I can't find anything that seems to fit. There are a couple plastic slide type mount looking things that are attached to the support bar directly under the steering column but they don't seem to attach to it.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Old 03-29-2015, 03:58 PM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 446 Likes on 328 Posts

Do you have LED lights in your car. That looks like a hyperflash unit. If that is what it is, just tuck it away of tie wrap it. It doesn't attach anywhere specifically.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:01 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Search "K harness".
Old 03-29-2015, 04:08 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oday-pics.html

There are maaaaanny more.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:53 PM
MAK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:04 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I was installing a hyperflash harness in my car and when I took the lower dash panel off that damn K harness just fell out!... apparently the tech who "installed" it just threw it on top of the panel... the plate had already been installed on the column to keep it from locking though... I installed a clb from corvettes of houston and haven't had an issue in 4 years of owning the car
Old 03-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by neutron82
I was installing a hyperflash harness in my car and when I took the lower dash panel off that damn K harness just fell out!... apparently the tech who "installed" it just threw it on top of the panel... the plate had already been installed on the column to keep it from locking though... I installed a clb from corvettes of houston and haven't had an issue in 4 years of owning the car
Same here. The Corvettes of Houston CLB is in my 02 Z and has been providing excellent service. The LMC5 is a higher quality fix.

If you install some sort of column lock bypass, your are running on borrowed time! You will get to meet Mr. Murphy!
Old 03-30-2015, 03:43 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Same here. The Corvettes of Houston CLB is in my 02 Z and has been providing excellent service. The LMC5 is a higher quality fix.

If you install some sort of column lock bypass, your are running on borrowed time! You will get to meet Mr. Murphy!
is there a way to disable it in hptuners?... I think I read somewhere that you can set the fuel cutoff so you won't get stuck... I'm not sure if my tuner already took care of that but I have hptuners and can check and adjust it if I know what to look for and I already have the plate installed in the column so I shouldn't have to worry about the wheel locking... I have seen the "pull key wait 10 secs" message a couple of times after having the battery disconnected for a long period of time but it has always quickly disappeared
Old 03-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Zealot06
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MAK
I wasn't paying close enough attention when removing my steering column to replace the position sensor
MAK, care to elaborate how the replacement of your position sensor went for you? I'm facing the same issue, currently gathering information.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Where does this go under steering column??

Quick Reply: Where does this go under steering column??