C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vararam intake water intrusion torture test!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Lee Greggs
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vararam intake water intrusion torture test!

Today I was basically forced to drive my 01 Targa A4 car with the vararam B2 intake (no power tube). It rained non-stop for the whole 3.5 hr drive. I was very nervous and cautious for the trip, dodging what water holes I could and trying not to spend much time behind big trucks that were throwing water. Despite my best efforts I KNOW that those intake tubes were getting tons of water spray all in them. I got home finally with no issues and decided to pull the intake and filter just to see how wet everything got. There was no moisture from the filter to the throttle body that was noticeable. The filter was pretty wet, not completely soaked but certainly saw some water. So all in all the vararam worked fine, however I think eventually the filter would have gotten soaked enough to restrict air and cause some problems then probably allow water passed it soon after. Just thought I would pass on my experience to those who are concerned with water and the vararam.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:51 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Good news - you got your filter cleaned

Quick Reply: Vararam intake water intrusion torture test!