C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque steer

Old 04-17-2015, 07:49 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,339 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramterrab
I moved each rear wheel to the other side. It now torque steers to the opposite side. It's a tire issue. which tire I don't know. They are Michelin pilot AS zero pressure. I think the reason you can't see a shifted belt is because the side walls are as thick as a skid loader's tires. When I bought the car 2 years ago it came with brand new tires. They have 16,000 miles on them. It's time to buy a portable air compressor, and a tire repair kit, and I think I'll go with non run flats. Thanks for all the help.

kramterrab
Even if this has uncovered the problem, based on what you said in your previous post, about the eccentrics being off in relation to each other, I highly recommend getting the alignment checked.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Kramterrab
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will be aligned this Tuesday at a at an alignment shop specializing in Corvettes. I'll have it aligned to factory specs.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:44 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,339 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramterrab
It will be aligned this Tuesday at a at an alignment shop specializing in Corvettes. I'll have it aligned to factory specs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: torque steer