C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 heater core & evaporator core replacements...

Old 04-16-2015, 08:55 AM
1weatherman
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5 heater core & evaporator core replacements...

Does anyone have a play by play and/or pix on replacing both the heater and evaporator cores on a 1999 ? I've got the instrument panel just about all the way torn down, but can't find all of the mounting bolts for the evaporator box on where to remove it. Also, does the intake have to come off in order to do the heater core replacement? Thanks in advance for any input!
The following users liked this post:
nolaHacker (05-01-2023)
Old 04-16-2015, 09:37 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Have you removed the dash pad? If not here is the info. Easy DIY job, just bag and tag all your fasteners.

http://tech.corvettecentral.com/2013...-dash-removal/
The following users liked this post:
nolaHacker (05-01-2023)
Old 04-16-2015, 09:56 AM
1weatherman
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I've already got the dash and all gauges out, including the pass side air bag. I'm down the the short hairs now, in how to get the evaporator box assy out. And also I heard you have to remove the engine's intake before being able to R&R the heater core. So my questions are is there a play by play for removing the evaporator core, as well as the heater core? Thanks.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:24 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

The info is in the FSM but typically links from someone who has documented it is easier to understand or better when used in conjunction with the FSM.

For your viewing pleasure I just made a copy of the 1999 FSM section on the replacement of each.

They are PDF files so if you PM me with your email I will send them to you.

I have not tried to do any serious internet searches but if you do it using Goggle or another search engine you should get something also. I would start with C5 Corvette Heater Core, etc.

I didn't get any good hits on the heater but see if this helps. You may want to look harder than I did.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...placement.html

Mr. Sam

Get notified of new replies

To C5 heater core & evaporator core replacements...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 heater core & evaporator core replacements...