C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 1 stupid question-injectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Crabr1
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Default My 1 stupid question-injectors

My car is S/C and I have 42 lb injectors,I'm right at 600rwhp which I think is right at max for those,would putting 60lb injectors in do anything,and can you just install them or do you have to have it tuned at the same time. Ok let me have it.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:29 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I would have 60's in there at that power level and yes it will need to be retuned for them... what kind of pump do you have and do you have a hotwire harness and boost-a-pump also?
Old 05-04-2015, 02:01 AM
Crabr1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by neutron82
I would have 60's in there at that power level and yes it will need to be retuned for them... what kind of pump do you have and do you have a hotwire harness and boost-a-pump also?
Stock system on a LS1, I do have a KB boost a pump. My blower was installed at A&A so it's all installed correctly. My cars been running great and I've had it for 5 yrs. I had a 8 rib innovator west dampener installed and when I drove it home and got on it I ran out of fuel and it started cutting out,didn't take into account the IW balancer is bigger so I went from 10lb boost to over 12, I didn't get on it again till I got the right pulley,it's all good now. But in my need for more power I've been thinking about bigger injectors and getting a new tune. I guess my question is answered though,I was hoping to put the injectors in and drive it to the tuner,but I'll just let him install them. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:19 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

did you have the tune tweaked after the balancer went on?... if not, that might have been why it ran out of fuel... I still think the 60's would be a a good idea and you might consider meth also... I was able to support a little over 700rwhp with 60lb injectors, 255 pump, boost-a-pump, hotwire harness, and meth... it would be a good idea to leave your current injectors in and swap them out when you get to the tuner, if you put in bigger injectors and the tune isn't set for them you could wash your cylinder walls down with fuel and it may not even run good enough to drive it anyway
Old 05-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Crabr1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by neutron82
did you have the tune tweaked after the balancer went on?... if not, that might have been why it ran out of fuel... I still think the 60's would be a a good idea and you might consider meth also... I was able to support a little over 700rwhp with 60lb injectors, 255 pump, boost-a-pump, hotwire harness, and meth... it would be a good idea to leave your current injectors in and swap them out when you get to the tuner, if you put in bigger injectors and the tune isn't set for them you could wash your cylinder walls down with fuel and it may not even run good enough to drive it anyway
I didn't and I also added 1 7/8" headers around the same time,I did have those POS tpis headers on before I switched. I am running 100% meth injection also. My only regret is I went with the cooler looking Kenne Bell supercharger,wish I would have went with A&A supercharger,Andy tried to talk me out of it but I liked the look of the KB,it's been ok though,just the hype of them didn't materialize. Still fun to drive with all that instant torque.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:58 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi mate
Could try an ls2 90mm t/body if you don't already have one .

Old 05-04-2015, 03:57 AM
Crabr1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NITRO UK
Hi mate
Could try an ls2 90mm t/body if you don't already have one .

I have a Nick Williams 90mm. I was having issues with my NW throttle body at one time,bought a LS2 with the harness and just couldn't get it to work right,put the NW back on and found out when I was in boost and spraying meth,it would leak down the blade shaft and was shorting out the tb sensor,called Nick and he sent me a new one no questions asked,haven't had a problem since.

Get notified of new replies

To My 1 stupid question-injectors

Quick Reply: My 1 stupid question-injectors