C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 coup 50th anniversary, need held with passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 05:36 PM
wjacobs82
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 coup 50th anniversary, need held with passenger window

Hello, I just purchased my corvette last weekend and have found an issue with my passenger window. It does not roll all the way up. It lacks about a quater inch from going all the way up. I HAVE looked up how to index the windows and tried it last night with no luck. I also can't find anything in the owners manual about how to perform this... I don't know if the 2003 models are able to do this. Any help on how to correctly index the windows or what I should look at next if that doesn't work would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-05-2015, 06:47 PM
wjacobs82
Advanced

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Don't recall having heard the term "index the windows" Any more information on where you read that??

The adjustment of the window height by up to 1/8" can be done without removing the door panel but not for the 1/4" that you seem to need.

Procedure from the shop manual details how to make more extensive adjustments in height by releasing the clamps that hold the window and moving the glass to obtain the desired position. Perhaps someone with an electronic copy of the shop manual can post the procedure. My copy is a paper copy......
Thanks for the info. I'm still learning how to navigate on the forum so bear with me on getting you that info. Basically it was saying to hold the window buttons up for 3 seconds then release then hold for another three seconds then same thing when in the down position, but I think it was for the c6. I'll have to see if I can find it again. .... how could I get the 1/8th adjustment that you mentioned?
The window functions fine but it's not tight against the seal, when going 65+ you can hear air coming in and when I washed it I got some water inside. I think if I could get an 1/8th of an inch I'd be good.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:12 PM
wjacobs82
Advanced

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
On the bottom (underside) of the door toward the front of the door (A Pillar) are two rubber plugs. Remove the plugs to access the two window regulator jack screws. One is for the rear of the windo and one is for the front of the window. Adust the two equally to raise the window up to 1/8". Adjust in small increments to see what progress you make.

I have not seen the "indexing" that you referred to on any C5 documentation that I have ever read. (Not to say I have read every thing written in the C5 shop manual) Perhaps it was in reference to the C6. If I'm wrong there, someone will jump in and correct me....
Thanks for the help.. I'll try it tonight when I get home. Will keep you posted. I will eventually buy the repair manuels when I get paid again, I've spent everything I can this paycheck on tools and a low profile jack but the repair manuels will be my next purchase..lol
Old 05-05-2015, 08:22 PM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Just replaced my window regulator this past weekend so my knowledge is still ripe. The up travel is controlled by stops that are internal to the door on the front and back of the door as you look at it from the inside. The door panel needs to be removed. The "up" window stop is based on where the two rubber bumpers adjacent to the clamps that hold the window are set. It's adjusted with a threaded rod that is adjusted using a female torx socket. There is an adjustment rod front and back - hard to believe they are out of adjustment. Sound more like a regulator issue.

In any case, the door panel needs to come off. Removing the door panel is easy - two screws behind the closure pull, the bezel for the door lock needs to be removed and then the door can be pried off. Start the prying at the bottom left hand corner.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:27 PM
wjacobs82
Advanced

Originally Posted by frsr06
Just replaced my window regulator this past weekend so my knowledge is still ripe. The up travel is controlled by stops that are internal to the door on the front and back of the door as you look at it from the inside. The door panel needs to be removed. The "up" window stop is based on where the two rubber bumpers adjacent to the clamps that hold the window are set. It's adjusted with a threaded rod that is adjusted using a female torx socket. There is an adjustment rod front and back - hard to believe they are out of adjustment. Sound more like a regulator issue.

In any case, the door panel needs to come off. Removing the door panel is easy - two screws behind the closure pull, the bezel for the door lock needs to be removed and then the door can be pried off. Start the prying at the bottom left hand corner.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss.
Thanks man. I will if I run into any problems. Still at work but will look at it when I get home
Old 05-06-2015, 11:01 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Here is a video on the panel removal. It also requires the removal of the door switch.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:57 PM
wjacobs82
Advanced

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Here is a video on the panel removal. It also requires the removal of the door switch.

Install Corvette Window Regulator - YouTube
I think I could play with the stops and adjust the glass up. The window runs strong and fast it just doesn't go up that last 1/8th of an inch. Im going to try that before I start replacing parts. Thanks for the vid, that helps alot

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 coup 50th anniversary, need held with passenger window

Quick Reply: 2003 coup 50th anniversary, need held with passenger window