C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product Launch....Mamo Motorsports 235 cc

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 04:43 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Default New Product Launch....Mamo Motorsports 235 cc

Guys,

The next product in the MMS line of cathedral heads is finished and Im just as excited about this product as I was the 220 heads I officially shared with you about a month or so ago.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-inside.html

The 235's are naturally aimed at larger displacement (a perfect choice for a street/strip 416 build), but this head would also be right at home in an aggressive 6.0 liter build if the focus was on max power. A 220 is still a better head on a max effort 5.7 liter having enough size and CSA to feed it, but the larger bore of the 6.0 and the additional cubes would make the 235 a workable situation in an aggressive build. Honestly the right head on a 6.0 (220 vs 235) is really the nature of the build and how aggressive a build you plan on because you could make an argument for one or the other purely based on application and the way you drive it. I would say the 220 is really a better head on that displacement 75% of the time but if your flycutting or going aftermarket pistons, pushing the compression limit on pump fuel, and getting aggressive with the camshaft, the 235 would be the right call for a stronger 4500 to redline pull on a 6.0 or larger combo.

The MMS 235 will prove to be very versatile because while close to the size most ported OEM heads finish at, they flow a solid 20 - 40 CFM better so the airspeed is good and that's what will help it to work well on the smaller displacement stuff while the 340+ CFM's of peak flow will comfortably feed a 400+ CFM stroker and on that size engine, a 235 is modestly sized and will produce incredible throttle response while still providing enough airflow to comfortably make over 550 RWHP (more in a well sorted out optimized combo).

The rundown of the specs....

Intake diameter 2.100
Exhaust diameter 1.600

Flow @ 28" of water

Lift.....Int.....Exh

.550....328....252 (Big #'s this early)

I also plan to release a Nitrous/Forced Induction version of this head with a larger exhaust valve and even more exhaust flow (the exhaust port of the standard version is stellar.....especially the lows and mids). The standard version would work well N/A and with moderate spray and boost but if your looking to get a little bit more aggressive with either, the "NFI" version would be the ticket (Email/call for more details).

Some pics of the new head....quality oozing everywhere.....you guys with an eye for airflow can appreciate how detailed and optimized this product is right out of the box! Once again my bogey was an out of the box MMS 235 to meet or exceed a "Mamofied" hand finished AFR 230 which was/is alot more expensive. That head flowed 337 CFM on my equipment and powered numerous LS2/LS3 based strokers to 650+ at the crank.....550+ at the tire.

This head out of the box is about 5 CFM better and my CNC+ version (aka "Mamofied") 235 is approaching 350 CFM which is phenomenal for a head this size but the additional cost is barely warranted unless you have a spare no expense type of build. This head is ready to rumble as soon as you pull it from the overkill box I ship them in

Pricing is $2750.....includes the upgrade 8019 AFR valve springs as well as Ti retainers.....fully assembled....every spring height individually checked....a blueprinted piece ready to make some serious power.

PM, email, or call for further details (emails preferred over PM!).....heads are available NOW and I'm shipping the first wave of them starting tomorrow! Two chamber versions btw.....62 or 72 cc and I can mill anywhere in the middle and as low as 55 cc.

Cheers,
Tony
Old 05-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Flatlander
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!
Old 05-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

look awesome
Old 08-30-2015, 03:05 PM
alnukem
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If a fellow was going to do a spirited street build with drive-ability & crisp throttle response using stock stroke & L-92 block in a C5Z06 with gears, which would be the pick of heads? Thanks, Tim
Old 08-30-2015, 06:56 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by alnukem
If a fellow was going to do a spirited street build with drive-ability & crisp throttle response using stock stroke & L-92 block in a C5Z06 with gears, which would be the pick of heads? Thanks, Tim
Great question....

It depends on your realistic peak power goals and choice (aggressiveness) of the camshaft somewhat as well.

The 220's flow a ton of air for their size and would be a good choice on an engine like you describe that spends 98% of its life cruising the streets and the owner is looking to focus on great low/midrange power, throttle response and tip in....even kicks up fuel economy. All of these attributes are enhanced with the smaller high flow runner, but the really good news is even with a mild street cam we could make in the 450-475 RWHP range depending on the rest of the combination so its no slouch up top by any means and it would drive awesome and have a stock type feel to the power curve where it pulls at practically any RPM and does so with alot more authority.....like a stock engine on steroids kind of feel more so than a typical hot rod engine that has most of its power up top.

Hope this helps....feel free to email or call for a more in depth explanation and we can discuss your project more so I could get an even better feel of what your looking for and hoping to accomplish but just off the cuff, based on what you have already mentioned for sure the smaller 220 heads are worth a look. On the larger bore they flow over 320 CFM (approaching 325 in fact) so your getting a significant amount of air and a 220 head isn't that small....its sized perfectly for most street-bound 346 - 383 CID combo's.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 08-30-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:51 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Replacing heads

How much would it pick up when replacing my ls6 top end on a ls2 forged bottom end. Compared to a set of LS3 heads.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:33 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by c5z06.O
How much would it pick up when replacing my ls6 top end on a ls2 forged bottom end. Compared to a set of LS3 heads.
Apples and oranges.....the stock LS3 heads are 260 cc and flow 325 / 215 CFM or so. Even my MMS 220's on the 4" bore flow 325 CFM with 40 cc's less port volume.....thats David and Goliath type sheet and the airspeed and efficiency of the much better designed head gives you tons of perks. Also the 220's flow close to 250 on the exhaust on the large bore.....another blow out. Way more fun on the street and alot more powerful with the clean sheet state of the art cathedral design I just completed.....and the MMS 235 is still 25 cc's smaller and it ups the ante even more in airflow (345 Int / 255 exh).

Once again picking the right head is determined more by application and the end users preference for which side of the tach he would like to enhance a little more. The 220's for picking up the bottom a little and the 235's for picking up the top a little, but either would walk all over a stock or even moderately ported LS3 head

-Tony
Old 08-31-2015, 05:47 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Killer work Tony!
Old 11-22-2015, 03:17 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

So on a ls2 twin turbo application with a mamofied fast 102 and a six speed automatic Which head would you go with?
Also if this engine ever goes boom it will be replaced by a 400" plus shortblock No doubt.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by c5wolf
So on a ls2 twin turbo application with a mamofied fast 102 and a six speed automatic Which head would you go with?
Also if this engine ever goes boom it will be replaced by a 400" plus shortblock No doubt.
My MMS 235 NFI head is tailor made for this application (NFI stands for Nitrous/Force Induction)......I designed it specifically for power adder type combinations with the highest flowing exhaust port I have ever tested on my flowbench in any of the LSx configurations (it has a custom 1.630 tulip exhaust valve and a generous exhaust runner.....not huge....just properly sized to get the job done with a very efficient port design).

Its a $250 upgrade over my standard MMS 235 heads....most of that upgrade cost just paying for the custom larger exhaust valves that are included with that program.

Email me if you would like more information

tony@mamomotorsports.com

PS.....Check out the link below for information on a normally aspirated build I did with the 235 NFI head. You can use it for N/A applications.....just have to cam them differently with less split on the exhaust. Add some boost to a head with this potential (especially an efficient turbo set-up) and you can make as much power as the car/traction availability would tolerate!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...nt-inside.html

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 11-22-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:12 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Sending email...
Old 03-15-2016, 01:59 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

I'll be picking my 235 nfi heads and rockers lifters etc.
Any day now.
Should be nice parts

Get notified of new replies

To New Product Launch....Mamo Motorsports 235 cc

Quick Reply: New Product Launch....Mamo Motorsports 235 cc