C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure dropped (@20psi) loud ticking from motor (video)

Old 05-25-2015, 10:57 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by About2Bite
Yes, I will have it balanced. I will most likely buy the package from texas speed. $250 for balancing.

Most of the people I know race their cars. Many 100% track cars that are taken on and off the trailer. They pull parts out and upgrade all the time.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined and do my research and work with knowledgeable people. I appreciate the input and I do plan on making sure it is done right... I enjoy being the person who has done all the work on my Corvette.

it's fun while the bug lasts. research all you can on motor design, cams, and oils while you're down. cams and oils specifically are something you want to truly understand if you're going to keep tinkering and modding

bobistheoilguy.com is a GREAT oil research site. you can get a handle on what zddp does, why shear matters and what the different base stocks do and do not do over there.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:10 PM
About2Bite
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it is, been a member on there since 2008 as well.

I don't frequent it as much as I used to. Probably should and maybe I wouldn't have ran into this issue. I'll see what is recommended for my setup and driving style once I decide on the mods the motor will see.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil pressure dropped (@20psi) loud ticking from motor (video)