C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of electrical schamatic

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:38 PM
cosmiccharlie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In need of electrical schamatic

I am looking for the wiring diagram on the radio fuse circuit for my c5. My battery drains when I park it over night. If I pull the radio fuse before I park it it doesn't drain I pulled the stereo out and it still drained. I can hear a sound coming from the passengers seat intermittently. don't know if it is a bad ground or the seat motor. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Last edited by cosmiccharlie; 05-17-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:48 PM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

How's this.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Ulianokr (12-08-2015)
Old 05-18-2015, 08:01 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

It would help if you told us which fuse # circuit you want. There are several.

AND, your year. I don't think anything changed in the years but I have seen lots of other circuits that have.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:32 AM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

Thanks for diagram posting. I have 04 vert with a 12 disc player in the trunk. I want to install a switch on the power line to the antenna so it does not go up when playing the disc player. Looking at the diagram, it appears the ORN line (is this abbreviation for orange?) that goes to the Power Antenna dialog box is the wire to cut. Is this correct? Thanks for your help.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:59 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

That should do it. You can verify by pulling fuse 24 and then see if the antenna stays put. Not at home with that schematic.

However there are a LOT of Orange wires coming out of the I/P fuse box.

I can provide the connector views for the I/P box if you need it. The FSM is wrong about which connectors are located where underneath. It is easy to match up which connector is under that fuse though. Just need your year to validate you get the correct info if you need it.

Another way is to pull that fuse and do a continuity check from it to the antenna to double check before you start cutting a wire.

If you need help with the drain issue let us know.

Recommend a new Thread on the seat issue so things don't get confusing. Would recommend you exercise the motor with the switches and see if that resolves the issue. The motors are on circuit breakers so they can cycle and cause battery drain if a motor stays activated.

Mr. Sam
Old 05-18-2015, 12:33 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by dadaroo
That should do it. You can verify by pulling fuse 24 and then see if the antenna stays put. Not at home with that schematic.

However there are a LOT of Orange wires coming out of the I/P fuse box.

I can provide the connector views for the I/P box if you need it. The FSM is wrong about which connectors are located where underneath. It is easy to match up which connector is under that fuse though. Just need your year to validate you get the correct info if you need it.

Another way is to pull that fuse and do a continuity check from it to the antenna to double check before you start cutting a wire.

If you need help with the drain issue let us know.

Recommend a new Thread on the seat issue so things don't get confusing. Would recommend you exercise the motor with the switches and see if that resolves the issue. The motors are on circuit breakers so they can cycle and cause battery drain if a motor stays activated.

Mr. Sam
Thanks Mr. Sam. Yes please send the connector views. I have a 04 vert. All good advice about "test twice, cut one once".

Though, I have no drainage issue. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

The seat motors are protected by a CIRCUIT BREAKER that can TRIP and RESET on its own... SO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If the seat multifunction switch is not working correctly and is always telling the seat to move and the seat is trying to reposition its self (when it already at the limit of travel,, that breaker will trip and reset until the battery goes dead.

If you have LUMBAR, and the pressure bladder isn't working properly the Lumbar motor will continuously try to pump up the lumbar bladder.

Just set your seat where it needs to be and remove the seat control module fuse. Also turn OFF easy entry so the seat doesn't try to go the the full rearward and full lower positions.

What is the sleep current draw??

Bill

Bill
Old 05-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Fuse 24 also powers the BOES AMP and Ive see that amp stay ON causing a draw.

BC
Old 05-19-2015, 02:11 AM
cosmiccharlie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
The seat motors are protected by a CIRCUIT BREAKER that can TRIP and RESET on its own... SO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If the seat multifunction switch is not working correctly and is always telling the seat to move and the seat is trying to reposition its self (when it already at the limit of travel,, that breaker will trip and reset until the battery goes dead.

If you have LUMBAR, and the pressure bladder isn't working properly the Lumbar motor will continuously try to pump up the lumbar bladder.

Just set your seat where it needs to be and remove the seat control module fuse. Also turn OFF easy entry so the seat doesn't try to go the the full rearward and full lower positions.

What is the sleep current draw??

Bill

Bill
02 coupe and current draw veries, mostly .09 but sometimes 1.28
Old 05-19-2015, 06:52 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rrwirsi
Thanks Mr. Sam. Yes please send the connector views. I have a 04 vert. All good advice about "test twice, cut one once".

Though, I have no drainage issue. Thank you.
Did not know you had hijacked the Thread. Thought you were the OP. I will provide the info but not here. Send me a PM with your email.

Get notified of new replies

To In need of electrical schamatic

Quick Reply: In need of electrical schamatic