C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there really an ideal head/ cam package?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:02 AM
MPM IV
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RAS6582
I will be doing the install myself. I purchased the Trickflow GenX 515HP kit today. I'll get the U/D pulley and double-roller timing set to accent the package. I'll Dyno the car using the BBK/80mm setup. I plan on buying a Holley Hi-Ram intake with a larger TB when I get my cowl hood. Much thanks to everyone incl. Zeevette ad Racebum
Congrats. on the kit. It's hard to imagine you not being happy with it. I don't know anything about the BBK intake, but I hope it works out for you.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:36 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

You're welcome. I would only suggest one change, and it's minor. If you could get those heads milled to 60cc chambers, it'll enhance the package, adding HP/TQ, and even better gas mileage.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:30 PM
RAS6582
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright I got the Trickflow 515hp h/c package installed along with the u/d pulley. I just had the car tuned with the BBK aluminum intake and 80mm tb. My dyno numbers were 420hp and 400tq. I think there is room for improvement here! What manifold/ tb combo should I buy and from where? Also, I'm running Vararam power duct with twin cones on the end. I know the rest of the VR setup that requires cutting the plastic would probably help tremendously. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:16 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by RAS6582
Alright I got the Trickflow 515hp h/c package installed along with the u/d pulley. I just had the car tuned with the BBK aluminum intake and 80mm tb. My dyno numbers were 420hp and 400tq. I think there is room for improvement here! What manifold/ tb combo should I buy and from where? Also, I'm running Vararam power duct with twin cones on the end. I know the rest of the VR setup that requires cutting the plastic would probably help tremendously. Any suggestions are appreciated.
don't get hung up on numbers. 440-450hp on a 50deg day can easily be 420 on a hot summer day

Quick Reply: Is there really an ideal head/ cam package?