C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So many trouble codes, need insight.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 08:04 PM
alex14
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So many trouble codes, need insight.

I went to look at a 98 convertible today and the check engine light was off, but traction and ABS lights were on. DIC came on and said things like reduced power, service tire monitor, low coolant, suspension inop(or something like that) and a few other things. I wasnt able to get the exact trouble codes but Its showing problems in every category.
10-PCM
28-TCS
38-RTD
40-BCM
60-IPC
80-Radio
99-HVAC
A0-LDCM
A1-RDCM
B0-BFA

All were "No Comm" errors.

the car would start up and drive, at reduced power of course. The radio and speakers were out of the car, and the AC didnt work.

My question is what would it take to fix this? Is it possible there is just a problem in the PCM and or BCM thats throwing all these codes? is it a body wiring harness?

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by alex14; 06-10-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:15 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

I wouldn't walk or run away because of the list of codes. Instead I would get in a less troubled Vette and drive away quick.
Seriously, whoever is selling it should get that fixed. If not, and you're actually considering a purchase, do a lot of research into all the codes, related costs, add 25%, and make your offer that much lower than a similar car without all the issues.
Just one opinion.

Quick Reply: So many trouble codes, need insight.