C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a spare tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:44 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
You guys with your "no flat" stories probably jinxed yourselves
Great
Old 07-01-2015, 11:56 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

This is the jack handle inside the tire. I just finished a residential delivery and was spinning around in a culdsac and the way long trailers slide the rear axles tires sideways when they pivot on the front axle the tire came off the bead. Called for a tire guy and this is what he found. Nice thing about driving a company truck is when you get a flat you just call for help. Then sit and wait till it's fixed on the clock.
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2015, 09:30 AM
57gman
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Just the Facts Jack

Two weeks ago, on my c5 I had the low tire pressure LR warning light up on DIC. I put air in it and the TP before was 25 lbs, no big deal. Sh.... Get in three days later, light comes on again, 25 lbs again.

Okay couldn't drive it for four days, but it doesn't look flat at all. Now TP was 10 lbs, that it's. Just had new michelins put on to replace Goodyear, ride is unbelievable better, worth every penny.

Now the kicker. I had to have my lexus sedan towed two months ago. They brought a flat bed truck to tow it. They scrapped the bottom of the lexus on the ground!

I talked to the experienced TT driver, he said, "they bring extras boards when it's a vette so it shouldn't scrape the bottom, but if it was me, and my vette, I would only put runflats on." That's what sold me!!!!

Quick Reply: I need a spare tire