C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LG coil over adjustment thread ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 01:58 PM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Another LG coil over adjustment thread ...

Few days ago I installed my LG G2 Coilovers (non -adjustable ) model .
instal went well though PIA to adjust ride height on fronts have to unbolt upper A-arm every time to make adjustment .
I measured threads from the adjustment rig to top of last thread on shock body got it spot on from side to side but ride height is not the same
had to alter the adjustment on one side to get rode height the same.
Was concerned about know having the corner balance way off ?
I called LG talked with them and was told to get ride height correct and not worry about thread measurement get alignment done then corner balance .

Have appointment with alignment next week . tried to get race shop appointment for corner balance but all booked up and I have track day @ Watkins Glenn in two weeks just want not have any issue at the track .
Old 06-29-2015, 02:20 PM
916Z06
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

yea, with coilovers its a little tricky, you can start off by counting the thread but the final adjustment be the measurement of the body height. If new you will have to wait for the springs to settle, if used then the final measurement of the fender or jacking point would be where it sits. Enjoy the ride, it feels way better with coilovers IMHO!
Old 06-29-2015, 03:58 PM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for reply ,
Just made app next week for corner balance at race shop . They said corner balance first then alignment.
No cheap for corner balance but want it correct and no second guessing .
From what I have felt from test drives car feels much lighter on it's feet bit more stiff and bouncy nothing can not deal with and best of all when going over bumps in turns car planted does not jump out of the lane your in .lol...
Sure I will have a smile on my face @ the Glenn is few weeks !

Get notified of new replies

To Another LG coil over adjustment thread ...

Quick Reply: Another LG coil over adjustment thread ...