C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Honker Intake, Now I have an extra vacume?? Help please!

Old 07-04-2015, 08:11 PM
pberger
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Honker Intake, Now I have an extra vacume?? Help please!

So I installed a Honker intake system and for some reason after the installation I have a left over vacuum tube that I can not find a home for.

Please help me figure out where this should go? See the picture below...
(Sorry for the bad quality photo.)
Attached Images   
Old 07-04-2015, 08:20 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

I hate to ask the obvious, but did you mark where everything went before tearing it apart? If so where did it hook up to before?
Old 07-05-2015, 10:37 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

That Honker doesn't look new. The vacuum line you are asking about appears to be the one to the fuel pressure regulator on a 97/98 motor. I am looking at the parts diagram and it appears to go to the original inlet air duct. Check your original duct for the hole this would have plugged into. If that is the case, then the question becomes do you have the correct Honker or is this from a later car? Not sure if Callaway made different ducts for different years, you would need to contact them about this.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:40 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Go look at the one you took off. There should be a place to plug it into. When I put my Halltech on, even though it was for the early cars, there was no hole in it for this pipe. Removed the fitting from the old intake, then drilled the new one and siliconed the fitting in place.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:13 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

TMK the two different Honker part number versions made by Callaway for C5s, is/are based on throttle body size differences. As vettenuts says, only the '97 and '98 cars had that particular hose and AFAIK the Callaway units did not have the hole for that hose.

It's easy to fabricate something. Drill a hole, install a correct size grommet and use a 90° plastic vacuum line fitting, or, use your original coupler if you can and plug it back in there. That rubber coupler between your MAF and TB looks to be a good location.

HTH

Last edited by LoneStarFRC; 07-05-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:18 AM
pberger
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much. I can surely figure out how to fabricate a hole for this intake based on the location of the old intake.

I guess I was not being very careful when I took the old intake off before putting this one on. Next time I will be more careful. I can not remember how I got this intake so I can not say what year it is from; however based on what ya'll have just said it is probably from a later year.

Thank again! Appreciate the knowledge of people who have already run into the problems that I am now running into!!

Get notified of new replies

To Installed Honker Intake, Now I have an extra vacume?? Help please!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed Honker Intake, Now I have an extra vacume?? Help please!