C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Dukenukemx
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Tuning LS1?

Doing some Googling on how to tune the LS1 and not getting any direct info. So far you can tune it with software called EFILive but not sure what hardware is needed to connect laptop to car. USB to OBD2 cable? Not looking to spend lots of money on this since my 02 C5 is mostly stock except for the Vararam intake.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:00 AM
c_white
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hp tuners all the way
Old 07-05-2015, 09:51 AM
feeder82
Melting Slicks

Received 982 Likes on 625 Posts

Hp tuner or efilive both include the hardware to hookup to vehicles. Steep learning curve to use these. I wouldnt waste the money on the handheld tuners that have limited changes that can be made.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Dukenukemx
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by feeder82
Hp tuner or efilive both include the hardware to hookup to vehicles. Steep learning curve to use these. I wouldnt waste the money on the handheld tuners that have limited changes that can be made.
I hear a lot of recommendations to HPTuners but they want $500. How much of a gain could I get out of my setup if anything? Nice to have once more mods are done. Also you don't need a special ECM for the Vette? Just reprograms it? Not worrying about learning curve. Just wondering if they make a Linux version of their software.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Trios
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

No Linux from what I understand. In my opinion, tuning these cars is something best left to people who do it for a living. It's really not as easy as changing some timing and adding some fuel. You can do some real damage if you don't know what you're doing behind HPTuners or EFILive.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning LS1?

Quick Reply: Tuning LS1?