C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Stance Coilover guys???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 02:54 AM
Skrilla
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Hey Stance Coilover guys???

Looking for comments,complaints,and input from anyone running Stance coilovers. I have not seen any recent threads an them so id love to hear some current feedback.My car will never be a track car but I do like to push it hard on the streets once in awhile. The biggest reason for me to go coilovers is I want to drop my car a lot without compromising the ride. What's the lowest they can go? Please post pics I'd love to see.Thank you in advance .
Old 07-06-2015, 02:29 AM
Skrilla
Drifting

Anybody
Old 07-07-2015, 03:50 AM
Skrilla
Drifting

???
Old 07-07-2015, 03:45 PM
RXPX
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked into Stance coilovers for the C5. Stance has definitely built up a reputation in other car communities. Plenty of high end imports like the Supra. They're not a cheap quality knockoff.

Everyone who left a review said they're really happy with their setup. The only complain I saw one time was that they're 'noisy'. I highly doubt they're noisy. If anything the car will make the same sounds it did as it does with any other sort of spring. A sponsor on here responded that the noise was most likely due to not re-using the upper bushing.

If you decide to go with the Stance set, post a thread on how you like them.

Be sure to PM me in case I miss the thread, haha.

Good luck, I'll most likely be getting them myself, just not exactly sure when.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:02 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Skrilla
Looking for comments,complaints,and input from anyone running Stance coilovers. I have not seen any recent threads an them so id love to hear some current feedback.My car will never be a track car but I do like to push it hard on the streets once in awhile. The biggest reason for me to go coilovers is I want to drop my car a lot without compromising the ride. What's the lowest they can go? Please post pics I'd love to see.Thank you in advance .
I have them on now for over 2 years and no issues. They provide a firm but not harsh ride and as I describe it, a supple ride with control. Stance now offers upgraded springs in different rates if so desired as well. I am lowered to approx. 4" in front and 4.5" in the rear. This is measured from the jacking puck points on the car. I also have C6 Z06 sway bars front and rear and all metal end links and an upgraded tunnel plate (1/4"). I have no complaints and do not experience any noise. I set the adjustment at 1 click further to firm from the center point and it works well for me on the street, and still have room to adjust either way. Got them from Dennis at Double D Mods.

Last edited by alxltd1; 07-07-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Ive asked the question many times and have gotten nothing but positive back from people that actually own them. The only negatives I've seen are from those with other brands trashing them. They are very well known in the import tuner market and from everything Ive seen are good coilover for a great price compared to others. Hight adjustment was a pit of a pain but for me once its set i'm good so I'm ok with that once I get caught up on a few things I'm going with the STANCE Coilovers. Dennis at DoubleDmods was selling them maybe hit him up.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:21 AM
Skrilla
Drifting

Thanks for the feedback gents,sounds like I'll be reaching out to Dennis.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Eric240
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going 3 years strong on mine.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Skrilla
Drifting

I have not heard anything negative by anyone who actually has them on their c5.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:48 AM
Skrilla
Drifting

Anyone still have them for sale for new for $1100 please pm me your PayPal ,I'm looking to buy today's.

Get notified of new replies

To Hey Stance Coilover guys???

Quick Reply: Hey Stance Coilover guys???