C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

None of the seat bladders inflate, can hear pump motor run

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 04:37 PM
RD STIR
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default None of the seat bladders inflate, can hear pump motor run

If I activate the switches for the lumbar or side bladders, I can hear the pump motor spinning.
  1. Does one pump fill all of the bladders? I have a hard time accepting that all 4 bladders would fail at the same time.
  2. What is the failure point that would affect all 4? It seems possible that it's the pump.
  3. Is there a solenoid that directs the air to specific bladder, or a valve that can fail?
  4. Where is the pump and how can I check? I've seen posts that show getting to the bladders without removing the seat. Is it a must to take the seat out to get to the motor?
  5. Can it be the seat control module? I've seen references in other posts. Where is it?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:29 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm sure you would like a firm answer...but it's a job that is easily done if you remove the seat and flip over and check the air lines that you can see.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:51 PM
RD STIR
8th Gear

Default Thanks for the link: I'm going to pull the seat today.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a newbie member and just updated my information: '99 Vert, Manual trans.
Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Some basic info about your car like year, manual or auto trans, Coupe, FRC, Vert or Z06, mods etc would be a big help to someone trying to help you with problems on your car. That info should be either in your profile or the specific post asking for help.

This thread should help you out with the Lumbar issue:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...2000-vert.html
Old 07-11-2015, 12:54 PM
RD STIR
8th Gear

Default Pulling the seat out today! Love this forum. Newbie member.

Appreciate the reply. Newbie member. I like to do as much research as possible before I start tinkering and get myself in trouble!

Originally Posted by sfc rick
I'm sure you would like a firm answer...but it's a job that is easily done if you remove the seat and flip over and check the air lines that you can see.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:45 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RD STIR
Appreciate the reply. Newbie member. I like to do as much research as possible before I start tinkering and get myself in trouble!
OH, OK now you want to be different than the rest of us?
Old 07-11-2015, 03:10 PM
RD STIR
8th Gear

Default No joy. Took seat out pump works fine.

Seat comes out easy enough. Took out pump. Cleaned it up and fresh lube, though it was pretty clean to start. Tested the pump off the battery terminals and pumps like crazy but after reassembly none of the bladders fill I'll have to take seat out again but not sure where to look.

What sits between the pump output and the 3 hoses going to the bladders? Can it be an electronic issue?

Originally Posted by sfc rick
OH, OK now you want to be different than the rest of us?

Last edited by RD STIR; 07-11-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:54 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RD STIR
Seat comes out easy enough. Took out pump. Cleaned it up and fresh lube, though it was pretty clean to start. Tested the pump off the battery terminals and pumps like crazy but after reassembly none of the bladders fill I'll have to take seat out again but not sure where to look.

What sits between the pump output and the 3 hoses going to the bladders? Can it be an electronic issue?
I know you already checked the air lines....so nothing was broken or cracked and all the fitting are good and tight?

Get notified of new replies

To None of the seat bladders inflate, can hear pump motor run

Quick Reply: None of the seat bladders inflate, can hear pump motor run