C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost the final word on the VaraRam...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 02:32 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Almost the final word on the VaraRam...

As you may have seen, the V/R money back guarantee offer is being hotly debated here. They offer that money back guarantee so if they over promise, you are refunded, in other words, they put their money where their mouth is. No one manufactuerer to date has done that. If the guarantee isn't to your liking, then pass on it. No biggie, we all be happy Corvette owners at the end of the day anyway.

If one doesn't believe the claims then there are alternatives such as the Blackwing and the Vortex units we offer. Both great products that we have sold tons of in the past two years and will continue to by matching what our customers want out of an intake with regards to performance, ease of install, and price. That's why we offer several brands and have added the V/R recently. We even sell a simple plug-on filter for the really budget minded.

On this Forum and others, we have seen manufacturers/vendors boast and claim and leave this Forum and come back, and leave, and all of that. That just takes years off the end of your life getting so worked up about it. Nothing is worth that. It's not worth getting worked up over, or losing sleep over. There will always be detractors to products by many different sources, both real and 'undercover' as regular members. There will also be 'member camps' that will not believe in anything but what they own. All of this is normal in society I guess. there will aslo be guys trying to proetct market share like they do in the 'real' world out there. It's just business in a hobby based market where guys, and gals, want to go faster and look better with a car that out of the box is faster and better looking than 99% of the cars out there, IMO.:)

We will watch and see what and if any tests are done by the folks that don't buy into claims or money back guarantees on the V/R. The only change will be, we won't keep on, keeping on, with the nonsense that others want to drag us into. I would rather channel that energy into something more positive, like our customers expectations and service needs, which if you'll search our name out on this Forum, will find is very, very good.:)

Take care,

RG
Old 08-19-2002, 02:53 PM
ncvetteman
Safety Car

Default Re: Almost the final word on the VaraRam... (RG in Dallas)

Since this is the "almost final word", what really are the exact terms of the guarantee. It looks like, just from the ad, that you would have to have track times stock and with Vararam to qualify. Refund of just the Unit, or shipping and handling both ways? Not to mention several hours of install time, uninstall if neccessary, and track fees. If I'm reading it correctly, the guarantee does not guarantee that the Vararam will perform any better than the other "cheap" CAIs. Not to discount the guarantee, it's better than nothing, but I guess if the "others" were twice the price they could offer a guarantee to. Feel free to correct me, the guarantee I saw didn't go into much detail. :cheers:

[Modified by ncvetteman, 1:56 PM 8/19/2002]
Old 08-19-2002, 03:08 PM
thefly
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rg

i see your point about going on and on about, however is that the point of the forum. see how it performs in many other people cars before trying it out. that is how i made my decision to buy my product. i know they have a guarantee but some of us don't feel like going through that hassle. i rather like to see what other think on this forum, see someone elses results. from that i make my decisions based on that. as far as their claims, they are pretty strong but guarantees always have loopholes, and besides you don't have to honor it vararam does. and since they do i would question it, since they are the new kid in town and not many have dealt with them yet. just my 2 cents.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:34 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Almost the final word on the VaraRam... (ncvetteman)

No other manufacturer offers a money back guarantee.

I spend a couple of hours per week detailing the car as a lot of guys do. A couple of hours isn't that long of a time in life to me.:) That may not be true for you though. :) Some guys focus more on family or work, or whatever instead of car stuff all the time.

A lot of us pay for track time for the fun of it. Testing/running on a track will actually get a few guys/gals involved in that arena which I'll bet they will enjoy and will go back. It's addicting.:) Again, that may not be agreeable to you.

Take a look at the guarantee for what is says about competitors products:

We pay shipping out already. You pay shipping back to us for a full refund of the purchase price.

If the guarantee isn't for you, then I suggest you pass on it. No harm no foul. You enjoy what you have and that's what's important.:)

I put a call into Ernie at BPP to ask about the new BPP Vortex filter and what expectations I should present to the potential buyer and if there was any increase in price for a new filter equipped unit. He told me that it flows more by 110 cfms but no track times were available just yet. He did say that track times should be better but no pin point of times or mph was given to me. Perhaps a better route for you is to get one of the new filters for better performance and no hassle on an install or resinstall of a new shroud and all that. I'm sure we'll see a post from you on it if and when you get time to do it, if you do. That would be interesting to see.:)

Speaking of pricing, I think most guys sell their old unit to recoup some of the cost they put out to begin with so the V/R pricing for those folks is much less.

RG

[Modified by RG in Dallas, 1:40 PM 8/19/2002]
Old 08-19-2002, 03:37 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Almost the final word on the VaraRam... (thefly)

rg

i see your point about going on and on about, however is that the point of the forum. see how it performs in many other people cars before trying it out. that is how i made my decision to buy my product. i know they have a guarantee but some of us don't feel like going through that hassle. i rather like to see what other think on this forum, see someone elses results. from that i make my decisions based on that. as far as their claims, they are pretty strong but guarantees always have loopholes, and besides you don't have to honor it vararam does. and since they do i would question it, since they are the new kid in town and not many have dealt with them yet. just my 2 cents.
No sweat, as always, open forums are open forums and discussion is welcome. I am just speaking to the nonsense in the last day that does nothing but try and derail a product for no other reason, IMO, than to derail a product. Good luck on your choice. I know you will make the right one.:)

It's kind of like when another Vendor tried to say RAT and I were lying about the gains on his Z with the new B&B PRT's at the time. All of this while Keith and Dan at SW were watching and in control of the whole thing. We showed the graph. no funny business. Then, years later, the same vemndor claims as much with the same type of straight thru system. He just didn't want us to sell what he couldn't. That was all that was about. It's just comes with the territory but we are all big boys here.:cheers:

RG

[Modified by RG in Dallas, 1:40 PM 8/19/2002]
Old 08-19-2002, 03:41 PM
thefly
Drifting

hey if are willing to be the one to a used a product that didn't live up to its expectations that is good deal. it sounds like you are stepping your service since the last time i bought a product for you.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:40 PM
wwashing
Le Mans Master

hey if are willing to be the one to a used a product that didn't live up to its expectations that is good deal. it sounds like you are stepping your service since the last time i bought a product for you.
Huh? :confused: :cheers:
Old 08-19-2002, 08:08 PM
thefly
Drifting

Default Re: Almost the final word on the VaraRam... (wwashing)

alright, i wasn't going to bring this up but here is my experience. i bought a power duct back in 2000, and had it on for 6 months and it started rubbing a hole in it. sent rg pictures, and was told to contact breathless. i paid to have shipped back, and they had to replace it (thank god i save all my parts cause my car would have grounded until i got the replacement). and the one's momo shifter start coming apart after four months or so, and he tried to send it back to RG and got well i can swap it out for $50. therefore, i am just leary of based on my experience to see RG with no questions asked and have him honoring the guarantee and not the vendor.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:22 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Phil,

You are correct Phil. We settled that deal with you to what you led me to believe was your satisfaction by not communicating to me further your displeasure. The reason I say this is as follows:

The P/D, as Ernie instructed me to tell customers, was taken care of by BPP as they wanted the units back for inspection. I didn't know you paid shipping or wanted reimbursement or I would have paid you the amount, and still will. Just let me know how much and where to credit you. Again, if BPP or I owe you on that shipping, please let me know.

If you were able to use the stock unit, until BPP shipped yours, then if that's what was acceptable between the two of you, then you sound as if you were making it easy by using what you had. If you needed a bridge at that time, we would have supplied you with one for sure. Stock or P/D. I always tell customers that if there is any manufacturer that they are directed to for service or warranty work, or replacement, to please let me know if they don't take care of you 100% and I will make sure they do. I talked to Ernie in your case because it was the the second one with a crack and he told me he had everyone taken care of, both of them. I sent him the pics from your email, and copied you on that note on 6/5/01, the day you sent them to me, to get the ball rolling immediately as a vendor in my position should have.

In the past, you called us with orders and questions a lot during your purchases. I am sorry you didn't feel comfortable calling or emaling your displeasure until after all this time to square this up. But, I'm gald you bring it up here so I can get it rectified. If I missed you on this, I apologize.

Bottom Line:

We've done a lot of business with you and your father, which I appreciate. If you think we still aren't 100%, give me a shout or a email and we'll see if we can square it.

:)

Thanks!

RG

[Modified by RG in Dallas, 6:45 PM 8/19/2002]
Old 08-19-2002, 08:28 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

The point of the post:

As you may have seen, the V/R money back guarantee offer is being hotly debated here. They offer that money back guarantee so if they over promise, you are refunded, in other words, they put their money where their mouth is. No one manufactuerer to date has done that. If the guarantee isn't to your liking, then pass on it. No biggie, we all be happy Corvette owners at the end of the day anyway.

If one doesn't believe the claims then there are alternatives such as the Blackwing and the Vortex units we offer. Both great products that we have sold tons of in the past two years and will continue to by matching what our customers want out of an intake with regards to performance, ease of install, and price. That's why we offer several brands and have added the V/R recently. We even sell a simple plug-on filter for the really budget minded.

On this Forum and others, we have seen manufacturers/vendors boast and claim and leave this Forum and come back, and leave, and all of that. That just takes years off the end of your life getting so worked up about it. Nothing is worth that. It's not worth getting worked up over, or losing sleep over. There will always be detractors to products by many different sources, both real and 'undercover' as regular members. There will also be 'member camps' that will not believe in anything but what they own. All of this is normal in society I guess. there will aslo be guys trying to proetct market share like they do in the 'real' world out there. It's just business in a hobby based market where guys, and gals, want to go faster and look better with a car that out of the box is faster and better looking than 99% of the cars out there, IMO.:)

We will watch and see what and if any tests are done by the folks that don't buy into claims or money back guarantees on the V/R. The only change will be, we won't keep on, keeping on, with the nonsense that others want to drag us into. I would rather channel that energy into something more positive, like our customers expectations and service needs, which if you'll search our name out on this Forum, will find is very, very good.:)

Take care,

RG
Old 08-19-2002, 10:15 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

This Forum is really going down hill fast. This may be the final straw for me. Here we have a vendor who decided to use polite language, offer a money back guarantee, and tells us if we still aren't happy, just don't buy it to begin with.

As much as I hate not having something to bitch about, and argue, and misrepresent the non-facts, and jump to conclusions only to find out I didn't read the fine print or the big print, I must say this is one of the nicest ways to not start a flame war I have seen in some time.

Here's to ya RG (but I still like the Vortex better - why, because I spent $225 on it already!) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 08-19-2002, 11:01 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Almost the final word on the VaraRam... (jschindler)

This Forum is really going down hill fast. This may be the final straw for me. Here we have a vendor who decided to use polite language, offer a money back guarantee, and tells us if we still aren't happy, just don't buy it to begin with.

As much as I hate not having something to bitch about, and argue, and misrepresent the non-facts, and jump to conclusions only to find out I didn't read the fine print or the big print, I must say this is one of the nicest ways to not start a flame war I have seen in some time.

Here's to ya RG (but I still like the Vortex better - why, because I spent $225 on it already!) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
You're right J, if the guarantee offered doesn't work for a person, then they should pass on it and the product. That's how I help myself decide on products inside or outside the parts biz, how will it work or not, for me. Nothing more to it.:)

Glad you are happy with the Vortex.:)

RG
Old 08-19-2002, 11:45 PM
0BrentB
Former Vendor

Cruise-In II Veteran

I want one! but will it fit on my Camaro ? ;)
RG has always been a great vendor for me.And stands behind his word.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:29 AM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Almost the final word on the VaraRam... (BrentB)

I want one! but will it fit on my Camaro ? ;)
RG has always been a great vendor for me.And stands behind his word.
Only if your wife drives it, Brent.:) :cheers:

RG
Old 08-20-2002, 05:15 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 684 Likes on 272 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Nothing but good service from RG here....

Get notified of new replies

To Almost the final word on the VaraRam...

Quick Reply: Almost the final word on the VaraRam...