C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant temperature to high

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:49 PM
LS_SANDHU
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant temperature to high

Coolant temperature goes up really high and fans are really loud? Radiator? Coolant flush?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:05 AM
LS_SANDHU
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Temperature goes to 240-255 and both fans are in high speed like you said happens when car is going lower speeds like in constant stop and go traffic
Old 07-24-2015, 01:00 AM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by LS_SANDHU
Temperature goes to 240-255 and both fans are in high speed like you said happens when car is going lower speeds like in constant stop and go traffic
Have you pulled the radiator shroud to see if the radiator is clogged?
Old 07-24-2015, 11:29 AM
TorqueWinsRaces
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I have cleaned my radiator 3 times since I have owned the car; it takes less than 1/2 hour. Remove the intake tract. Remove the cover that goes over the radiator and condenser. The radiator sits in a holder, slide it out of the holder and now you can get some space between the radiator and condenser. I have a small 3M electronics vacuum that I now use to clean the radiator. Piece of pie and no more hot car.

Edit- Actually, I think it's the condenser that sits in the holder. You move the condenser forward and that gives you room to access the radiator because it sits behind the condenser.

Last edited by TorqueWinsRaces; 07-24-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Coolant temperature to high

Quick Reply: Coolant temperature to high