C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:24 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Default Reverse Light Problem

I'm not sure how long this will be but bear with me, I need help. I recently installed a Kenwood DNX691KD in my car. It also has a Pyle reverse camera which was working great. I started to have the camera work intermittently. Then it totally stopped working. I figured I'd get around to checking it out at another time, since I initially had problems with the RCA cable causing the camera not to work. So I'm walking away from my car and I press my remote to lock the car and only the left reverse light flashed. The right one is where I have the camera wire tied in. I figured that my connection broke and I'd fix it later. The wire joint had come apart rendering the right side light inoperable. I reattached the connections and now I have no reverse lights at all, and no camera either. There are no fuses in the reverse light circuit, only a relay in the engine compartment fuse box. When I checked the DIC for codes I get a code for the relay, B2482 H C. I have tried two other working relays and nothing happens. I put my relay in my friend's car and his lights work. I am now baffled. What else could I have screwed up? I tried locating the ground but no luck. I am going to try grounding the lights to a new location. BTW, all other rear lights work as they should. The approach light function of all other lights also works, minus the reverse lights
Old 07-26-2015, 07:51 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

You posted this same question in the General section where I responded earlier. You should choose a section and just post in one. This is a Technical issue so this one would have been more appropriate.

Tying to help someone by trying to figure out what is going on in two different sections does not work very well.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:39 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dadaroo
You posted this same question in the General section where I responded earlier. You should choose a section and just post in one. This is a Technical issue so this one would have been more appropriate.

Tying to help someone by trying to figure out what is going on in two different sections does not work very well.
I am trying all possible sources for assistance and from my personal experience not everyone reads all categories. BTW, the relay and fuses are fine (from your other post) so now I'm not sure what to try next.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:33 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Are the bulbs good or did they blow?
Old 07-26-2015, 09:54 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Everything, bulbs included works. The relay is okay, there are no blown fuses and if I take a long wire and jump from the battery and tap into a reverse bulb wire not only do the lights come on but the camera will work, too. This shows me that the grounds are okay but I'm not getting any power from the positive wire. I think I have a broken wire somewhere but I'm frustrated trying to figure where. The harness in the back isn't easy to trace. My tail and brake lights and directionals work too.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:40 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

OK, I will post you the schematic with the connector locations. Can't do that until tomorrow morning. Did you verify voltage at both sides of the fuses or just look at them?

Can you get a friend to help and see if the coil in the relay is being activated by putting a finger on it when you go into reverse?
Old 07-28-2015, 08:21 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Here are your schematics for the wiring and control. I also provided the connector views which covers C140 and C400.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zdxfh5o2r...ytIx-esxa?dl=0

C140 is the Transmission to Forward Lamp harness and is below the battery.

C400 is the Transmission harness to Rear Body. At the Right Rear wheel housing near the rear of the control arm.

Let me know if you need anything else or need help in understanding anything I sent.

Mr. Sam

Get notified of new replies

To Reverse Light Problem

Quick Reply: Reverse Light Problem