C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 wierd Seem to be electrical issues with 97 C5

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:28 PM
IMSA84
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 wierd Seem to be electrical issues with 97 C5

Hey hows it going guys. I've tried using the search feature on these issues but I cannt find a real clear answer on either of them. One of these issues I bought my corvette with the other one developed within a few days of buying it..

1st one is the one I bought it with. My AC blows ice cold but It will only blow at a very moderate speed. Just enough to keep me semi comfortable in these humid Houston summer days The blower out of nowhere sometimes will Ramp up and blow Fast for a good 3 min than it falls back down to a slow speed. Now I don't know if this is my problem or not but I have the duel zone climate control and my screen is very Dim I've seen the ebay service to fix it and I'm going to have it done most likely when the summer is over. Any idea on what this could be or did I answer my own question?

2nd issue developed a couple of days after I bought it. they all still work right now so its not a huge deal but I want to fix it before it becomes an issue. My turn signals have been acting very funny. My left turn signal Sometimes operates as it should but on the random times it will start to blink very fast. My Right side turn signal is just messed up to say the least. all the lights blink for the most part, But the front one blinks very slowly where the rear blinks very fast. And to boot the indicator on the dash Blinks once during the initial turn on of it but after that does nothing. I've read it could be the hazard switch but again I'm unsure.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:59 PM
IMSA84
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Bothyour issues are common failures on the C5.

The first one is the controller board that drives the fan motor.It acceprs multiple inputs in and has a single output to the fan motor. The output voltage to the fan is varies in level to go through multiple speeds. This controller is failing and needs to be replaced. You have to drop a close out panel in the passenger foot well to gain access to the fan and the controller board that is bolted to the housing. Take it off and go to your local parts store. Most parts stores carry replacements.

THe second problem is MOST likely the hazard flasher switch is failing. The hazard switch has circuits for both the signals and the hazard lights. Sometimes the hazard switch can be operated 10 or 12 time rapidly and the signals will work again for a short period before they fail again. Here is a link to 4 alternative solutions for fixing the problem:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589443564

I need to caution you that you MAY also have an issue with the Muti Function Stalk that is related to your symptoms. I would start with the hazard switch and if that does not clear all your symptoms then repost the new symptoms and info about the Multi Function Stalk can be made available to you.

Really appreciate it my friend. I'll be getting on that right away. That blower issue is driving me nuts.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:02 PM
IMSA84
Heel & Toe

Just for reference? Is this the part for the blower problem?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-Blower-Motor-Control-Module-1993-1996-/252025432272?hash=item3aade2e8d0&vxp=mtr

Get notified of new replies

To 2 wierd Seem to be electrical issues with 97 C5

Quick Reply: 2 wierd Seem to be electrical issues with 97 C5