C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP,,,, Memory Problem with Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 09:33 PM
Capt Mike
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
Default HELP,,,, Memory Problem with Sport Seats

My Memory Function is not working. The seat does not go back when pulling the Ign Key or Opening the Door. And If I move the seat back and push Mem 1 or Mem 2 the Seat does no move

No Codes in any system.

When I program the seat, the LED Flashes. When I push the Mem "1" button the LED illuminates briefly but the does not move forward

All of the Function in my Seats operate with the seat switches, Up, Down,,,, and the Bolsters.

Not Sure, But I think this prob started after disconnecting the Battery when I removed the Front Bumper Cover.

IDEAS ???
Old 08-24-2015, 11:37 PM
Capt Mike
Racer

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Seat not going back on ignition key removal sounds like the "seat easy entry" feature somehow got turned off.

Press the OPTIONS button until SEAT EASY ENTRY is displayed. Then use the RESET button to go through the OFF and ON options for that feature.
I did that, But ,, I'll try again.

thanks...\\

Michael..
Old 08-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Capt Mike
Racer

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Seat not going back on ignition key removal sounds like the "seat easy entry" feature somehow got turned off.

Press the OPTIONS button until SEAT EASY ENTRY is displayed. Then use the RESET button to go through the OFF and ON options for that feature.
Nope, that's not to prob. The Easy Entry was on. I turned it off, then on, then, off, then on and lost count. Still no ensy entry... Grrrr

I've read where the Fob may have some influence on the seat memory, or better said,, programming the seat memory position. But, I don't see what the Fob would have to do with setting the seat memory.

Checked, no codes.

I'll try the Fob, see what happens

thanks...
Old 08-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

When you PROGRAN the FOBs,, they program as FOB-1 , FOB-2 and or FOB-3 (if you have three fobs)

The BCM knows what FOB you use to open / unlock the car. When you UN-LOCK the car and program the memory, the memory functions that get rememberd are the radio functions, seat positions mirror positions HVAC function, HUD Display etc etc....

TRY to RE-PROGRAM "ALL" your FOBS using the FOB training function in the DIC.

Mark which FOB is 1 and 2.

When the FOBs are retrained, unlock the car, with say FOB-1 and then put all the MEMORY recall functions " radio functions, seat positions mirror positions HVAC function, HUD display etc etc.... " to SOMETHING. Press and hold MEM-1 on the door until it blinks.

Then set the radio functions, seat positions mirror positions HVAC function etc etc.... to something TOTALLY and radically different that the FOB-1 settings. Set MEM-2 to that FOB.

Get out/ lock and un-lock the car with a FOB and see if you retain those memory functins for that FOB. Do the same for the other FOB.

Also try to cycle the seat motors through their FULL SET OF TRAVLE RANGES (UP, DOWN, FWD, REV) Set the seat full forward and see if it will EASE ENTRY to the full rear lower setting

Bill
Old 08-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Capt Mike
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
When you PROGRAN the FOBs,, they program as FOB-1 , FOB-2 and or FOB-3 (if you have three fobs)

The BCM knows what FOB you use to open / unlock the car. When you UN-LOCK the car and program the memory, the memory functions that get rememberd are the radio functions, seat positions mirror positions HVAC function, HUD Display etc etc....

When the FOBs are retrained, unlock the car, with say FOB-1 and then put all the MEMORY recall functions " radio functions, seat positions mirror positions HVAC function, HUD display etc etc.... " to SOMETHING. Press and hold MEM-1 on the door until it blinks.

Then set the radio functions, seat positions mirror positions HVAC function etc etc.... to something TOTALLY and radically different that the FOB-1 settings. Set MEM-2 to that FOB.

Get out/ lock and un-lock the car with a FOB and see if you retain those memory functins for that FOB. Do the same for the other FOB.

Also try to cycle the seat motors through their FULL SET OF TRAVLE RANGES (UP, DOWN, FWD, REV) Set the seat full forward and see if it will EASE ENTRY to the full rear lower setting

Bill
Bill,

I'll do this process this evening, makes perfect sense. I only have one Fob, need to get a spare. No one drives my Cars, well the performance cars, other than the HHR, so one Fob is okay - but a spare would be nice.

I get your point to change the mems for 1 & 2. I'll try this and see if the Fob unlock updates the memory for all of the devices. This did start after the battery was dis-connected for a few weeks.

thanks for taking the time !!

Michael...
Old 08-27-2015, 09:39 PM
Capt Mike
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee

Bill
I RE-PROGRAMMED MY ONE AND ONLY FOB. NOTHING IN MEMORY IS RETAINED WITH FOB #1. THE RADIO STATION DOES NOT GO BACK TO FOB 1 SETTING.

Still,, No Codes.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:39 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Maybe you have a module hiccup, it happens. Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reboot everything and then do what Bill recommended.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:55 AM
Capt Mike
Racer

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Maybe you have a module hiccup, it happens. Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reboot everything and then do what Bill recommended.
That's exactly what I'm Thinking. What started this "Mess" in the first place.

I just want the Easy Entry to operate, Dang....

You know, after reading about so many electrical prob's and the grounds being a culprit to much of the Vette Electronic issues - I get so Frustrated. The Corvette have always had a place in my home. They are great Cars, but a little more effort on Bowling Greens Team would noteworthy.

I'm an Electronic Engineer, retired. And my Dad, Grandfather, Uncles,, all Engineers. I grew up with the Electronics and it is wonderful. But still, I'm not a proponent of the gross number of Electronic Modules it in Auto's. The Designers and Management have gotten Damn sloppy. Plus, isn't it about time to design standardized modules and all the bennies that come with ??

It's pretty much common knowledge in Electronics, that grounds and H2O can be death traps in Electronics.

I own three Vettes and a couple of other Chevy's My 56 Chevy 210 Coupe is LS1 powered with a T56, I'm so thankful that She only habitats the One LS1 PCM Computer Module. And that is about to happen to my 87 C4 Vert, gut the entire Electronics (and related wiring) and utilize a single LS1 PCM. I cansee the the two C5's will challenge my patience

Okay, I've vented my frustrations now.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:51 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

The only electronic doodad in the C5 I care for is the HUD. Easy entry would be the last thing. When GM interviewed people about what the C5 should do I am sure they said "I want this and that and oh, BTW maybe an engine too".
Old 08-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Capt Mike
Racer

Originally Posted by dadaroo
The only electronic doodad in the C5 I care for is the HUD. Easy entry would be the last thing. When GM interviewed people about what the C5 should do I am sure they said "I want this and that and oh, BTW maybe an engine too".
Ah yes such truth.. Have you watch the video re the ZO6 beginnings ??
Esp the part on the Ign key and steering wheel lock.

I'm going to ticker with the Easy Entry once more this AM, then that's it for a long while -- too busy. .

Unfortunately 35 miles from home and nearly at a Street Rod Event,,, my clutch pedal went to the floor. Seems to have a fluid leak. I'm praying that it is the master cylinder or hydraulic line. Not the best time for me to be tearing down for a "hyd T.O. bearing". I filled the res with fluid and made it home, only one stop.

Guess I need to replace that fuel pump relay "Connector" in the old reliable C4 Vert so I have something to play-in for the rest of the Summer, what's left...

Get notified of new replies

To HELP,,,, Memory Problem with Sport Seats

Quick Reply: HELP,,,, Memory Problem with Sport Seats