C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I pretty sure im about to get hosed

Old 08-29-2015, 03:30 PM
altohorn25
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed the LMC5 on my 2000. Got the "pull key wait 10 seconds" message the first time I tried it after the install but then no problems since then; I'll drive it around town awhile before I take it out on the road. Crossing my fingers. Got stranded 200 miles from home and had the column lock message. Towed to chevy dealer where they found that the recall had been done in 2005, but the lock plate had not been replaced. The dealer then removed the lock plate and I got home, however, a week later, I got the service column lock message again and the fuel pump would shut the car down over 1 MPH. Hopefully this will fix the problem (I'm not the original owner of the car). Any other advice from anyone that I need to watch out for with this? Thanks in advance.

Nate
Old 08-29-2015, 03:43 PM
altohorn25
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Keep the install instructions in the glove box. If you begin getting the "Pull key and wait...." message do as it says, remove the key and wait at least 10 seconds before reinserting. To prevent this message do the "brown wire mod" explained on page 2 of the install instructions.
I will do that; so far it has only done it the first time after the install. So far, so good without doing the additional brown wire mod.

Thanks.

Nate
Old 08-29-2015, 11:31 PM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

So, do the automatic (and manual with the last iteration of the bulletin) cars which have the smaller lock plate which physically can not lock still engage and disengage the lock motor and have the fuel cut?

My 2004 still has the fully functioning factory setup as far as I know. I didn't see the add-on relay or a recall label.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:37 PM
altohorn25
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Cliff8928
So, do the automatic (and manual with the last iteration of the bulletin) cars which have the smaller lock plate which physically can not lock still engage and disengage the lock motor and have the fuel cut?

My 2004 still has the fully functioning factory setup as far as I know. I didn't see the add-on relay or a recall label.
yes - my manual has the smaller lock plate and still experienced the fuel shutoff until I installed the LMC5
Old 08-30-2015, 12:20 AM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

Yes, I know it's a gamble. I also searched and found where that setting is and my PCM does in fact have the 2 MPH disable setting.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:17 AM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

At least in the current version of HPTuners you can set it to "Column Lock Disabled"

Of course this probably won't actually disable the lock, but just anything pertaining to the PCM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I pretty sure im about to get hosed