C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Tip In Adjustment Broke?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Macleod52
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Window Tip In Adjustment Broke?

So I've been having issues with water coming in through the passenger window. I've tried caulking the area in question but it didn't do anything.

I figured I'd try doing the window tip in adjustment again but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've followed the process that has been posted from the service manual but I've turned the screw counter clockwise to the point where it stops (I'm talking 7-10 rotations) and the window is in the same position it was in before I tried adjusting.

Does anyone know how the tip in works? Is it possible something is broken internally?
Old 08-27-2015, 02:35 PM
TastyBacon
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I have the same problem. The passenger's side adjuster feels like it's doing something, but has no noticeable effect on the position of the window. The driver's side will spin freely forever and feels like it's not even connected to anything. Ironically, the passenger's side leaks more.

I plan to take the doors apart this winter and find out what's going on.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Macleod52
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah I notice that the drivers door squishes the weatherstripping much more than the passenger side. I think that's what's causing my issue. I've adjusted it in the past but it didn't do anything. I figured I'd try again but still nothing.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:18 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Did you loosen the regulator channel nut first? If not, then you have probably stripped threads.

Here is the FSM guidance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3r5hjn8oy...edure.pdf?dl=0

Here is the door panel removal guidance.

http://www.vetteessentials.com/instr...or_handle.html

Mr. Sam

Get notified of new replies

To Window Tip In Adjustment Broke?

Quick Reply: Window Tip In Adjustment Broke?