C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 corvette noisy fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 01:42 PM
Chindit
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 corvette noisy fuel pump

Sorry guy's I know this is probably a repeated post, but I just bought a 2000 corvette and love it. The fuel pump noise when I only do a few miles is more than acceptable. But if I drive it for an hour or more it get's worse.

is this related to vacuum?

If i need to replace the fuel pump that's Ok I can do that but need to know what's the most quiet option. Don't really need ton's of pressure or volume over the standard OEM install.

Great forum thanks
Old 08-29-2015, 06:40 PM
zachaeous
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 376 Posts

Default fuel pump

I replaced the left hand electric pump in my 2001 about a month ago. I replaced it only because it had lots of miles on it. I had not noticed the noise until I had replaced with new. The old original pump had been quite noisy and now the only time I hear any noise is upon turning the key on and the pump primes up. Well worth the money to me for the new less noisy unit. I got a really good deal on the new walbro pump also, $125.00 shipped brand new. Good luck with your decision.

As far as vacuum I do not see that making the pump noisy. I also would check and replace your fuel filter if it has not been changed recently. Walbro made the stock pump so that is what I would go with. Got mine off the big auction site.

Last edited by zachaeous; 08-29-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: more info
The following users liked this post:
Tony S45 (09-11-2016)

Quick Reply: 2000 corvette noisy fuel pump