C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actuator question. Defrost valve acutator VS Mode Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 07:48 PM
ianlift
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actuator question. Defrost valve acutator VS Mode Actuator

Hi guys!

I'm having the two temperature control actuators replaced soon. While that's being done I was thinking of having the vacuum defrost controller valve and defrost valve actuators replaced since they should already be accessible.

I'm having some air leaking through the defroster vent while the other vents are "on" and the flow through the floor vents is weak. I was hoping that this would help the situation. I understand that this is a vacuum system and there is a chance that vacuum is simply being lost somewhere else in the system, but while the mechanic is in there working on it, I would like to replace other parts that could fail soon if they haven't already. My car is a 2001 with 188,000 miles so I figure may as well.

I have found that some parts are discontinued. The defroster valve for one, but the mode valve is available. Are these the same thing under a different name?

Quick Reply: Actuator question. Defrost valve acutator VS Mode Actuator