C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Novak jack aux install gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:52 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Novak jack aux install gone wrong

I did the Novak jack aux input on my radio a few weeks back and it JD some bleed through of the cd being played. The past few days it ha gotten worse. If I hit a bump it would flip back to the cd being played as the input. Could not take that so I figured I could remove the wires going to CD player and the switch. I assumed this would not allow the CD player output to go through the jack and to the speakers. Wrong. if you hit a bump the CD player takes over and you can tap the CD player and it will go back to the aux input. I don't understand how the CD player audio is getting to the amp since I "thought" I removed the wires left and right signal from the circuit. Would it be possible to wire in just a 2 pin aux input and not have any CD player function at all? This would be great also.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:54 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Does anyone have a complete pin out of that cable connector we are hacking into? Trying to see where the bleed through could possibly be coming from.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:56 AM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 123 Posts

I never use my CD so I wired it direct and I have no issues.

You could try it and see.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:05 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Originally Posted by StrangelovesM6Vert
I never use my CD so I wired it direct and I have no issues.

You could try it and see.

So did you use a two pin aux connector and go right to the wires coming from the board plug? Left the wires going under the board laying free?
Old 09-04-2015, 05:16 PM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jonrobinson84
So did you use a two pin aux connector and go right to the wires coming from the board plug? Left the wires going under the board laying free?
I used a headphone cable that I cut and hooked the white and red wires directly to the board with grey Marette type wire caps and grounded it to the chassis.
I wrapped the ends of the CD wires with electrical tape.

The headphone cable plugs into my old Galaxy Note 2

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 09-04-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:18 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Originally Posted by StrangelovesM6Vert
I used a headphone cable that I cut and hooked the white and red wires directly to the board and grounded it to the chasis.

The headphone cable plugs into my old Galaxy Note 2

So where exactly did it plug into in the board? Did you cut wire 1 and 3 and hook jack into those wires somewhere? Like at the plug going into board and the leave old wires leaving the board just tapped up? Do you happen to have a picture? I may understand that. I don't us cd either at all
Old 09-04-2015, 05:30 PM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

So where exactly did it plug into in the board? Did you cut wire 1 and 3 and hook jack into those wires somewhere? Like at the plug going into board and the leave old wires leaving the board just tapped up? Do you happen to have a picture? I may understand that. I don't us cd either at all
Yes I cut wires 1 and 3 and hooked directly into them from the cut headphone cable red and white wires using small grey wire caps to connect them then ground wire to chassis then taped the unused CD wires with electrical tape.

I may have stripped the wires longer about 3/4" then I could double wind them so the cap would fit snugly.
Sorry no pictures but it should be clear what I did.
You could do it with solder but I like Marrette Caps

Note the small Grey ones

I used Marrettes to hook the phone up to my 1200 watt dual coil sub old school Rockford Monster Stereo

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 09-04-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:40 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Cool. Will give it a try. I assumed that's what I basically have. I removed the wires going to CD player from the switched aux plug. So there should be no way for sound to play since the CD player wires are not going back to the board. Don't get it lol will give it a go though!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:43 PM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Cool. Will give it a try. I assumed that's what I basically have. I removed the wires going to CD player from the switched aux plug. So there should be no way for sound to play since the CD player wires are not going back to the board. Don't get it lol will give it a go though!
You might get the tiniest leakage of sound from the CD but nothing like what you were saying.
You could also pause the CD

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 09-04-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:45 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Wow I would love to have those amps!!! Want to sell them by chance?

Where would the leak through come from if the left and right audio cables are clipped and tapped up lol I don't understand it.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:52 PM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Wow I would love to have those amps!!! Want to sell them by chance?

Where would the leak through come from if the left and right audio cables are clipped and tapped up lol I don't understand it.
I'm not sure if I hear it on the factory speakers I could disconnect since I have 4 Hi power 6x9s and tweeters at the top of the A pillars but I'll check if I still hear the CD the tiniest bit or was that before I got rid of the jack.

Maybe I just remembered this wrong but no matter what direct connection is the best connection.

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 09-04-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:53 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Sounds great. Thanks for the help!

Get notified of new replies

To Novak jack aux install gone wrong

Quick Reply: Novak jack aux install gone wrong